 |
| Malachi playing in the new cupboard |
 |
| Malachi and Daddy chewing on the elephant together |
 |
| This picture is taken from my bedroom window, you can see where I have been tilling the ground for our garden area, and where I've started leveling and putting the railroad ties in. |
 |
| The next two pictures showcase Malachi's scratches and bruises from being in childcare |
 |
| Samuel lost his front tooth! |
Monday night was fun. We went out to dinner at Johnny Carinos and three different people commented on how well behaved the children were. It was great! Then we came home and burned all our tumbleweeds and roasted marshmallows. Thursday I worked hard outside with the rototiller getting our garden area ready, and leveling off the first area, and getting the railroad ties in place, they are really heavy, so I could only lift the smaller ones, so Travis will have to help me with the bigger ones later. On friday, Travis had a marriage retreat at Glen Eyrie (in the Garden of the Gods area) and we did the ropes course. Travis and I climbed the wall in record time, the last time I did it, I was 6-7 months pregnant, so it was much easier this time, We also climbed a high ropes course that was really fun too. Unfortunately while Malachi was in childcare he got a little beat up, another kid scratched him up really good, and he must have had a couple of tumbles, cause he had 3 new bruises on his little head. Poor baby, I felt so bad for him, I kept him with me the last couple hours of the retreat. The good news is that Caleb stayed in childcare the whole time, and was happy!!! Samuel lost his top front tooth on Thursday, and was ecstatic about it, becuase he wanted some money for the book fair that was ending the next day. Travis painted all day Monday, and all day Saturday. He still has plenty of painting to do still, but it is looking a lot better. Poor Travis has been working crazy hours at work, and at home, I wonder when he is going to burn out, but he says he is doing fine, and generally Sundays are a day of rest for him, for the most part. He has had a new commander the last couple of months and he thinks that Travis needs to be a going staff officer, so has him doing a ton of work, on top of all of his chaplain responsibilities, hopefully they can communicate with each other, and the commander will understand that Travis doesn't need all the staff stuff, his work is with the soilders. Anyway last night one of Travis' Lieutenants died due to a hiking accident, Travis knew him pretty well, had just played football with him friday morning, and said he was a great guy, and excellent Lieutenant, so he is sad about this tragedy, and has been gone all day today, starting the arrangements for the funeral, and memorial, since Travis is his Chaplain. Caleb was coughing all night, so we have all stayed home from church today, except for when I needed to play the piano in primary, I left Joseph and Austin home with Caleb, and took the rest of the kids to primary. We decided it was a treat making day, since we stayed home from church, and Travis was going to go home teaching. So we made some peanut butter bars, oreo (rice krispie) treats, and a nutella cheesecake, all no oven required. Yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment