Sunday, April 13, 2014

Mobile Malachi

Malachi trying to eat the couch

Malachi got a scratch from trying to climb into a box

Betsy climbing a tree in our backyard

Caleb painting his box "house"
Malachi is getting so big, he is climbing and crawling and pulling himself up onto everything in sight.  I can hardly get anything done, because, if I put him down he is either putting something into his mouth that he shouldn't, or climbing into precarious positions.  He can now crawl up the stairs, and is climbing up his crib, (Samuel lowered the mattress for me, so he can't climb out).  He is getting all sorts of little bumps and scratches from his new adventures.  This was also our week to paint the kitchen and put the tile in.  (see pictures below)  Tuesday night, Travis and I painted until about 11pm.  We discovered we worked really well together.  I was good at rolling, and Travis was good at cutting in the lines, so we worked this way, making good time.  We were only able to get the first coat on, but we still need to paint the second coat.  Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday night were really busy for Travis, he had too much work to do, and things kept coming up at work, so we weren't able to work on the kitchen at all, until a little bit friday night.  Travis was able to prep the kitchen for laying the tile, while I took all the kids to the YM service and dessert auction fundraiser  and bid $50 on service for 4 hours of labor from a handyman in our ward, and won.  So he came over Saturday morning and helped Travis lay down the tile.  Thursday Caleb got the stomach flu and was sick all day and night.  I spent the day cleaning up after throw up, and taking care of him, cancelling numerous appointments, and not getting any work done.  But Caleb started feeling better the next day, so I was happy and so was he.  We had some beautiful weather in the 70s this week, and I got a little outside work done too.  I planted two fruit trees (apple, and peach) in the front yard, and started using the rototiller in the backyard to prepare for planting a garden.  Joseph has been home all week from school, still not feeling good.  The dr. told me he doesn't have pneumonia anymore, but his lungs are only working at 60%  so his brain is not getting enough oxygen and that is why he is so exhausted all the time.  So he has been doing breathing treatments, and taking lots of medicines to help his lungs get better.  He is slowly improving.  
Our new cabinets delivered

Kitchen has been painted, and tile has been lain  (lots of work)

More painting done, and boxes containing our cabinets

No comments: