Saturday, May 11, 2013

peek a boo

Caleb fell asleep with his sandwich in his hand, while sitting on the couch
Austin and Caleb riding a motorcylce

Samuel riding a motorcycle

Betsy riding a motorcycle

Caleb thought that it was pretty funny that his eyes were covered by his hoodie

Samuel climbing a ladder at is OT (occupational therapy) appointment

Caleb was really worried about getting a sunburn, so he  kept at least one hand on his hat at all times, so that it wouldn't fall off.


Peek-a-Boo

I walked into my room and found Caleb was hiding under a pillow, holding completely still and quiet. I said "where's Caleb" and he giggled, stuck his head out and said "boo" (above picture) 
Last Monday night Austin, Betsy, and Samuel had their first track meet.  They all tried hard, with Samuel in the middle of his pack, Betsy in the back of hers, and Austin towards the front of her pack.  I was surprised Samuel didn't win his, because he is so fast.  He wasn't running very hard, until the very end, and then sprinted really fast.  You could tell, he could have run his whole race a lot faster, since he wasn't even winded.  That's okay though, he had fun, as well as the rest of the kids.  Wednesday, crazy cold day with lots of snow and wind.  Travis left about 6am in the morning, we piled all the kids in the car, and dropped Travis off for his two weeks in the field.  Friday night, Caleb told Travis on the phone that "I need you, come home".  It was so sweet, then that night and every night since then, Caleb will not sleep in his own bed, he has to sleep in bed with me, on "Daddy's Side". On Sunday Night, Travis was able to come home and spend the night with us, because he had to do some funerals on Monday.  Caleb was so excited that he came home, he was jumping around the a bunny and smiling all the time.  He was so cute, he has never jumped so high!  This week Caleb has been getting sick again.  I'm so tired of my little guy getting sick, hopefully he will start growing out of this soon.  Saturday I picked up a bunk bed frame for the boys room,  that I found from a garage sale site.  They said all pieces and hardware were in good condition and all there.  I had no instructions to follow, so it took me all afternoon to figure out how to put it together.  I kept calling for Joseph to come and help, and he kept taking off again, as soon as he had down the one thing I called him in for.  I kept telling him to stay and help me the whole time, but he wouldn't listen.  I finally figured out he was going and watching T.V. in Caleb's room.  Sometimes I really hate the t.v.  I finally finished putting together the bunk bed only to discover, that the last four screws for the top railing were missing, and the ones I had for the other railing were stripped, so I couldn't tighten them properly.  I was a little annoyed, and called the people I bought it from, but of course they didn't answer their phone, or return any of my phone calls or messages.  This weekend both Caleb and I have been feeling sick, so we haven't been doing much.

No comments: