 |
| Betsy and Sam for Crazy Hair Day at school |
 |
| Crazy Hair Day at school, Samuel's spiky hair |
 |
| Austin's crazy hair |
 |
| Austin's crazy hair from the back |
 |
| Betsy's crazy hair from the side |
 |
| Samuel walking in for Kindergarten graduation |
 |
| Caleb and I watching Samuel's graduation |
 |
| Samuel the kindergarten graduate |
 |
| Samuel with his teacher, Mrs. Fields |
 |
| Austin and Caleb running home |
 |
| Caleb and I |
 |
| Caleb putting his foot in the icy water with Daddy. (he's soaking his sprained ankle in the icy water) |
 |
This one is a better shot of both Travis' and Caleb's feet in the icy water. It's not a very good shot of Caleb, but he was very happy to try and be like Daddy. He never left his foot in for very long though.
|
This week was a busy week. It was the kids last week of school, and Travis had a family retreat on Friday, that he was really busy with all week planning. He also was recovering from his sprained ankle, and would pretty much need to ice it and elevate it once he got home from work and not do anything else. I took Travis to a physical therapy appointment, and dropped him off, while I got Joseph from school and took him to a Physical appointment for scout camp. The doctor said Joseph needs to go see an optometrist, and will probably need glasses, he didn't do well on the eye exam. Joseph is actually excited by the prospect of getting glasses and contacts. Joseph told me that he had been having trouble seeing the writing on the board at school all year, and that he had told me about it several times. Oooops, I remembered him telling me once, but just thought it was a temporary thing. Guess I need to listen better. Anyway, after I dropped Joseph back at school, I went to pick up Travis from his appointment. When I pulled up in front of the office, I saw Travis sitting on the bench in his PTs and bending down going through his black bag. I rolled down the window and whistled loudly (you know the kind of whistle when you think someone is sexy). The man on the bench immediately looked up and my way, and I realized that it was not Travis. I was very embarrassed and told him I was sorry, I thought he was my husband. They really did look identical until he looked up and I saw his face. I called Travis, and waited until he came out, and told him what happened. He thought it was funny, I will definitely think twice before whistling next time. The kids were busy with end of the year activities. Samuel went to the zoo one day with his class, they had pajama parties, pizza parties, and all sorts of celebrations. I don't know why they bother with the whole last week of school, it just a bunch of playing. But the kids loved it, they all ended up with good grades, all of them getting As and Bs. Samuel had his kindergarten celebration Wednesday evening. He did a great job singing his songs, and we saw a slide show of pictures from his class. Friday was Travis Family retreat that we were going to. The kids had a half day for their last day of school, then we went to the retreat. It was up at a castle area called Glen Eyrie and was a beautiful area. Travis taught a class on the seven habits of highly effective families. Then we did a ropes course, it was fun. The lower course involved getting our group across a series of rocks using one long board and one short board,without touching the ground around us. Samuel had a hard time understanding the rules, and kept touching the dirt, until he finally got frustrated and left, pushing betsy off her rock, and her running off all upset. Other than that everyone in our group made it successfully to the end. We went up to the high ropes course. It was a 40 ft wooden wall with rocking climbing handles on. We had to climb in tandem with our partner (tethered together) and get a cup of water up to the top without spilling. I decided I wanted to try it, so after putting on the harness and making sure it didn't squish the baby, Travis and I climbed up to the top. It was a little bit more difficult being 28 weeks pregnant, but I made it and had fun. Travis carried the cup of water most of the way, I think he was concerned about me falling or something (we had be-layers, I wasn't worried). All of the kids did it too, except for Betsy, she was the last one, and we were already 15 minutes late for dinner. She decided it was okay that we didn't have time for her, and that she was too hungry to complain. We had a delicious dinner, and then walked around the grounds with all the kids. Joseph came across a golf cart, parked on a hill, and started messing with it. He accidently (or so he says) released the parking brake. Soon after, It started rolling down the hill backwards. Joseph jumped out and pushed the cart to stop and held it, yelling for me to come and help him quick. I climbed in and put the parking brake back in, and told him I was glad he stopped it from rolling down the hill, but next time not to mess with it at all. We came across and herd of rams, and followed them (at a distance) for a little while. Everyone was enthralled with the rams, and quietly followed them(I think that was the quietest walk we have ever been on as a whole family). Eventually the herd of rams, moved further up into the mountains and we didn't follow them anymore. Over all it was a very nice day. I really wish I had remembered to bring my camera, there was opportunity for lots of good pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment