Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Cleaning up Poo

This past week, had really only one major event.  Thursday evening after we put all the kids to bed, except for Joseph and Caleb, I was cleaning up after dinner when Joseph came running downstairs (he was taking a bath) with a plunger in his hand and told me to hurry because the toilet was flooding everywhere.  I told Travis to take care of it, since I was still putting away food from dinner.  He ran upstairs, and then called Joseph to come and help him, and bring towels.  I had just finished putting away the food, when all the sudden poopy water came pouring down from the light fixture above, and running down the wall from the light switch outlet.  I yelled for Travis and ran up the stairs  to see what was going on.  The toilet was pretty clogged, so he told me to call maintenance.  I called them and fifteen minutes later they arrived on our doorstep.  They helped unclog the toilet, then took off the light fixture to get all the icky water out, so it could dry out.  Travis, Joseph, and I finally cleaned up all the poopy water, and mopped everything, and then bathed/showered ourselves.  I felt so gross, it's taken my days to feel clean again.  It turns out that the toilet had been clogged due to a bunch of ink pens, and pencils.  Joseph stuffs his pockets full of pens and pencils, so they must have fallen into the toilet when he went to the bathroom. 
Tuesday this week, we had 3-5 inches of snow.  The kids still had school, and Travis had to work.  So Caleb and I enjoyed this spring snowstorm, and went outside and played in the snow and built snowmen.  He enjoyed laying down in the snow and eating it, and building snowmen with me.  We built 3 little snowmen, one for Caleb, Mommy, and Daddy.  After we had finished building a snowman, Caleb would hug it, kiss it, than either lick it, or bite it.  He sure loved that snow. 
Joseph quit track this week, his grades were suffering, so he is working on bringing his grades back up. 
Friday night, Austin threw up all night long, so our weekend plans were ruined.  We didn't get to go to the temple, but Saturday evening we had a babysitter, and we went to the adult session of stake conference together. 




Austin's science project, making yogurt out of different kinds of milk

Caleb drinking Austin's yogurt, he liked the rice milk

No comments: