Tuesday night we went to IT'Z, a family fun center, for a fun activity during Christmas break. We had a good time eating from the buffet and then moved to the game room. It is a very large game room, and I have a hard time keeping track of all the kids at once, but they have a lot of fun. After we'd been there a little while. Samuel came running over to me sobbing, and in great distress. I asked him what happened, and he explained that he had diarrhea, while playing, and went to the bathroom to try and clean himself up, but the water was really cold, and he flushed his underwear down the toilet, because it was so gross. He said he just needed to go home, he felt really sick. That's when I realized the Samuel even though had his clothes and coat on, they all had diarrhea on them. I tried to quickly find Travis, but couldn't so I took Sam into family bathroom to clean him off a little better. While we were in there I heard someone enter the men's bathroom,(it was right next to the family bathroom) and exclaim in disgust about poop being everywhere. I can't imagine the mess Samuel made in the men's bathroom, so I as soon as I was done with Samuel , I was going to let management know. The family bathroom has a tiny sink, but I stripped off Sam's clothes and had him stand on the sink and tried to clean him off the best I could. I had my hands on him the whole time so he wouldn't fall, but he was pretty well balanced, and I had to bend down to pick up the paper towel he dropped, so I moved my hands just for a second to pick it up, and Sam leaned backwards, and fell off the sink. The poor kid, I felt so bad. He wasn't injured badly or anything, but will probably have a new bruise or two from falling, but he didn't cry for very long, so we finished washing him off. I dried him off with paper towels, then took of my coat and jacket. I wrapped my jacket around Samuel's waist, and tied it off, and then put my coat over the top of him. Found a garbage bag, and put Samuel's clothes and coat in it, and cleaned up the bathroom as best I could, and then Samuel and I left the bathroom. As we walked past, someone was already cleaning the men's bathroom, I feel bad for whoever got that job. Anyway, we found Travis and the rest of the kids, and immediately left. Thursday Morning I woke up with my stomach hurting, but took all the kids to Samuel's OT appointment, after we got home, I started getting worse, and then defiantly had the flu. Travis had planned a surprise date for me that night, but had to call him and tell him to cancel it, because I was too sick. Travis told me it was a going to be a formal event, with a 6 course dinner, served in a castle while watching a Christmas Madrigal. I was so disappointed, I was really looking forward to our date. Thursday night Caleb started throwing up, and so was I, at one point I was throwing up in the toilet, and heard Caleb start to throw up, but I was so weak, that I couldn't get to him. It was early in the morning, and Travis had an extra early morning at work, so he had already left. I just threw a towel over where Caleb threw up, and we moved to a different spot, and I had Travis clean it up when he got home from PT. Betsy started throwing up Friday morning, and Joseph's stomach hurt all day Friday, but he never started throwing up. Austin has been amazing, she has been taking care of everyone, because I've been too sick to get out of bed, and they are all sick too. Travis had to drive an hour away on Friday to visit a solider in prison, and got some food at a Mexican restaurant while he was there. He bit down on a tortilla chip and his tooth cracked in half. Since it was a Friday, and he wouldnt' get back until after hours, he had to go to the emergency room, and wait for the on call Dr. They ended up pulling out his tooth, and said it had had a long time infection in it. Travis didn't get home until after midnight, since he had to get the hole to stop bleeding. Travis started feeling sick this morning also, but the rest of us are no longer throwing up, and Austin never got sick. Travis and I had plans to go to the temple in Denver today, but we had to cancel that as well. I'm still really weak, and can't eat too much yet, but I'm getting a little better. The house is a complete disaster, since this is day 3 of kids fending for themselves, and mom not cleaning up after anyone. We've been doing the 12 days of Christmas to another family, and have missed some due to everyone being sick, we'll have to make it up to them tonight. I'm very happy that everyone has survived the last couple of days. I'm also hoping we can get the house clean again by Christmas, maybe I'll just tell the kids that Santa won't stop by unless the house is clean....Yep, that's a good idea, that will motivate them.
1 comment:
So sorry you guys were all so sick. Our kids dealt with all the sickness last week and it was miserable. Hopefully you're done with all of that for Christmas! By the way, we told the kids that I wasn't going to allow Santa in our house if it was messy and it worked pretty well, so good luck!
Post a Comment