Tuesday, September 4, 2012

"Hi dear, I'm leaving in 5 min., be back Sat. night"

Today was quite the busy day.  The morning was filled with getting lunches made, eating breakfast, finding backpacks, shoes, helmets, and having morning devotional.  As soon as Caleb and I got back from taking the kids to school, we ate our own breakfast and showered.  Then I made a quinoa, chicken, grape, salad to take to PWOC (Protestant Women of the Church), it's a bible study that I go to every Tuesday, as part of my chaplain wife duties.  I called the CYS (child, youth, services) registration to see if I could take Caleb to the on-site child care, and they said I was finally registered, and I could come pick up Caleb's traveling folder (I have to have that to receive child care services) So, Caleb and I rushed to get all ready to go by 9am, and drove over to pick up his folder.  When I got there they said they just realized that Caleb was late on some of his immunizations, (they told me he was fine before), and that I would need to either get the immunizations, or have a dr. note saying he is on a catch-up schedule.  So I drove over to PWOC and dropped off the food, then went to the hospital to the pediatric clinic to try and get a dr. note.  They told me that the nurse would have to take care of it, and she would call me when it was ready, and that she had 72 hours to do it.  So Caleb and I drove home and missed PWOC this week.  We played around at home until it was time to get the kids from school.  As soon as we got back, we realized Travis was home from work.  But, unfortunatley he was just packing and getting ready to leave.  He told us he was leaving to go out in the field with the soilders and would be back Saturday Night, and that his ride was coming in 5 minutes.  Talk about a shock.  I quickly told all the kids what was going on, and we said our goodbyes and he left.  After that came getting kids snacks, helping them with HW, and then getting dinner ready, eating, and then taking the girls to activity days, and Joseph to scouts.  We came home, and I put all the kids to bed, and now I'm off to bed.  Whew...made it

1 comment:

Amanda D said...

I can't imagine that kind of notice. It sounds like you handled it perfectly though.