 |
| Betsy's Baptism dress that we made from an over sized t-shirt and some accessories |
 |
| Caleb loves to spin the pinwheels |
 |
| Sam and Joseph being gladiators |
 |
| Joseph rock climbing |
On Friday, Joseph had a swimming class about 1/2 mile from home, so the kids and I rode our bikes to drop him off at the swimming pool. We looked quite the site, with me in front with Caleb on my bike, and then four kids riding behind me on their bikes. We made it just fine, and then rode our bikes back home. When it was time to go get him, we rode our bikes to go get him again and did fine until we had a turn, and Samuel was going too fast and slid across the gravel into a tree. He was fine, just scraped up his hands and chest a little bit. On Saturday, the kids and I went to a bike race at the park the Chick-fil-A was hosting, and we heard there would be some free food. Well there wasn't any free food, but they had fun playing in the bounce houses and things there. Then we went to the Chick-fil-A restaurant afterwards, because everyone was hungry, and discovered that if the kids drew a picture of their favorite hero they would get a free kids meal. The kids were way excited, and colored their pictures and got their free food. After we got Betsy home, we were talking about Betsy's Baptism, and Betsy asked where her white dress was, to wear at her baptism. I told her she would wear the white jumper at the church to be baptized in. Betsy told me she really wanted a white dress to wear, because it would make her feel clean and pure. So I called up a boy in the ward to babysit, and took Betsy dress shopping. We couldn't find any white dresses anywhere, so we finally bought and over sized white T-shirt, and then went to the craft store, and bought some lace, and little white flowers, and came home and I altered it, and added lace and flowers to turn it into her baptism dress. While I was putting the lace on the bottom of the dress, my sewing machine broke, so I had to finish sewing it by hand. Travis got home from being in the field, and we got to talk as I finished sewing. Betsy's Baptism went really well, except for Caleb being really fussy, and Sam grabbing the microphone right as Austin was saying the opening prayer, and yelling "boo". I played the piano, and Travis lead the music. Joseph gave a short Baptism talk, and then Betsy was baptized. I sang a song to Betsy, and then Travis gave the Holy Ghost talk, and Betsy was confirmed. We had everyone write letters to Betsy, so she can keep them in a book. Betsy said she felt warm and clean inside


 |
| Caleb, Betsy and I at her Baptism |
 |
| Daddy and Caleb reading together |
 |
| the back of Caleb as he is running away, once he is caught messing with the flour |
 |
| the front of Caleb after playing in the flour |
 |
| the tracks Caleb left all down the entry way |
 |
| the flour mess Caleb made |
On wed. this week it was pouring down rain the entire day. Normally it only rains about 15 minutes here, so after taking the kids to school, I let Travis take the car to work instead of riding his bike. Unfortunately, the weather never let up, so I ended up needing to take Caleb in the jogger stroller and going to pick up the car from Travis' work, so I could pick them up from school. I didn't want Austin walking home in the rain, because she had been sick. I put the rain cover over the jogger stroller, and Caleb and I took off. I would jog for a while and then walk, and then jog again. I haven't gone running in a long time, so this was a big workout for me. I knew how to get to Travis' work in the car, but the jogging path was different, and ended up taking me down a different road, without me realizing it. I went 20 min. in the wrong direction. I called the school and told them I was going to be late, but the bell had already rung, so they couldn't get them any messages. I finally got to the car after an hour of running/walking through the pouring rain and red mud. Caleb stayed nice and dry in the jogger stroller, but wasn't happy to be in the stroller for that long. I drove home to check to see if the kids made it home, and opened up the door, and the kids were sitting there watching T.V. I'm glad they made it home safely. I changed into clean wet clothes, and drank a lot of water. I was sure sore the next day.
Friday, Travis took Sam and Joseph on the father/son ward camp out. I think they had a good time. The girls, Caleb and I had a good time as well. Saturday morning, we picked up our huge order at bountiful baskets, we ordered lots of peaches and strawberries so we could do some more canning and jam making. Then we came home and walked around the neighborhood garage sales, since it was the post-wide yard sale. We found lots of good deals, including a new couch and dresser. Travis and the boys got back that afternoon, and spent the rest of the day cleaning up after camping.
Today Caleb got into the flour, while the kids and I were playing games, and Sam fell in the garage while playing on the Gazelle (exercise equipment) and bit through his lip and scraped up his chin. The poor kid is still healing up from his bike accident, and gets hurt again.
No comments:
Post a Comment