 |
| Caleb and I...Austin took the picture, that is why my head is cut off at the top |
 |
| Austin with her little brother! She sure loves him |
 |
| Caleb and Samuel, Caleb adores his big brother, and has started smiling a little at him |
 |
| Doesn't Caleb look cute in this hat, Daddy picked it out for him |
 |
| Caleb wasn't too happy |
 |
| Daddy and his newest little boy |
Caleb is one month old now, it's amazing how fast they grow. He has just barely started making little coo's and goo's and smiling a little bit now. He is working on tummy time, and strengthening those neck muscles. The kids continue to love their little brother and always want to hold him and get his attention. Travis has continued to be a wonderful husband and father by taking the baby at night whenever I'm done feeding him and taking care of him so I can sleep. That is the best thing he could possibly do for me, because I just do not function well without sleep, and I can't nap during the day. Caleb is sleeping usually 3-4 hours at a time at night, but only if he is sleeping with Travis. Also during the day, he likes to be held while he is sleeping, and usually wakes up when we set him down, but he will sleep in his car seat for a while after we've gone somewhere. The kids had parent teacher conferences this past week, and Austin and Betsy are both doing really well, and Joseph is doing okay, he's got to work on a doing his assignments, but does well on his tests. St. Patrick's Day was fun, we had green eggs, made with spinach, and bacon for breakfast. We had green jello, green smoothies, green salad, and green tortellinis with a creamy green pesto sauce, it was delicious. Travis has gotten very busy with school work, and will continue to be extremely busy until the end of the semester, he has been slacking off since the baby was born, and not getting very much homework done, and now everything is coming due and he is scrambling to get it all done in time. I have several papers due in the next few weeks as well, and find myself much more interested in cuddling my newborn baby, than doing homework, but I don't have nearly as much to do, homework wise, as Travis does. I love the fresh air, and exercise I get while walking to and from class, it is invigorating and so far Caleb has done well and I've made it back to him before he is too hungry. Travis' sister has been having a lot of problems with her mental health, and has ended up in a mental hospital in Montana, and since Travis is the only priesthood holder in his family, everyone turns to him to help, and he has been occupied with many long telephone conversations lately, and I know it is a burden that weighs heavily upon his mind, but in the end all we can do is trust in the Lord to help us, and put our faith in him. I know I would not wish mental health problems upon anyone or their loved one's, it is very difficult for all involved. Travis' Dad is also getting married to his long-time girlfriend next month, the weekend of finals week, and Travis is trying to figure out how he can get to the wedding, and do finals at the same time. We've also had some car trouble lately, and was without a car for a few days, but we finally got it fixed, but I really prefer walking to driving. I wish everything were close enough that I could walk everywhere, but at least school and church are close enough. On a positive note, and nice lady in the ward helped me get all my mending done, it was so very nice to get it done, and all the kids were ecstatic to get some of their clothes back, especially Samuel.
No comments:
Post a Comment