 |
| This is the outfit that Samuel picked out for Caleb at a clothing exchange we went to a couple months ago, it fits him pretty good |
 |
| This is the baby blessing outfit my Mom bought for Caleb |
 |
| The kids at Austin's Baptism |
 |
The kids at the baptism, and being a little silly becuase they are on a sugar high! |
 |
| Austin and I at her baptism |
 |
| Austin on her special Baptism day |
 |
| Another picture of Caleb in his baby blessing clothes |
 |
| I just can't get enough pictures of this cute little baby boy |
I think I just barely survived last week by the skin of my teeth. We sure had a lot going on, and I don't know what I was thinking, having the baptism and baby blessing the same weekend, only 2 weeks after the baby was born. I will never ever do that again, and I don't know what possessed me to do it that way to begin with. By the time I realized what I had done, it was too late to change it. Anyway I had midterms last week, and that was crazy just by itself. I only had 2 midterms, but I hadn't done much studying since the baby was born, so I had some catch up work to do, and get ready for the tests. I ended up doing pretty good on my tests. Caleb still isn't sleeping as well as I would like and Friday night was one of the worst nights I had had since he was born and that day was the day of the baptism, and also a big birthday party that Travis' Mom wanted to have with us, and Travis' sister's family, her sister, and mother, and other daughter. Also Travis had to go to SLC to train with his unit all day Saturday. Luckily Travis' Mother was there to help me get the house ready for company, and I had made most of the dinner ahead of time. It was a crazy day, and I had a headache and was exhausted all day long. When everyone started arriving, and I went in my room with the baby, so he wouldn't be around all the germs. It's still RSV season, and Caleb is still too small to be around many people, so he and I hid out in my bedroom, although Travis relieved me once, so I could eat dinner. After the cake and birthday singing and present opening, we caravaned over to the stake center for Austin's baptism. I helped her change into her white clothes then started playing prelude music. Austin had me playing the piano, and Sister Bowman leading the music. We sang "When I am Baptised" for the opening song and then Travis' mom gave the opening prayer. Bro. Schneck welcomed everyone, and then Jaime Caldwell, Travis' brother-in-law gave the talk for the baptism, he did a really good job. Then Austin was Baptised, it was really nice, and the spirit was strong. I passed out paper for everyone there to write down their testimony and a note for Austin while she and Travis were changing, and I played prelude music. I realized that when Austin came running over to me at the piano, with her dress unbuttoned and untied, that I had forgotten I was supposed to be there to help her change. Oh, well I'll remember that for Betsy, and Austin didn't seem to upset by it. After she and Travis were out, Joseph gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. It was really short, but very heartfelt and he did a good job. Then we sang "I belong the the Church" and then Travis confirmed Austin and she received the Holy Ghost, again the spirit was very strong, and Travis got choked up as he was giving her the blessing. The primary president welcomed Austin and then we sang "When Jesus Christ was baptized" and then Betsy said the closing prayer, she did a really good job, pausing and thinking about what to say, and was very sincere. Afterwards the kids had had enough sitting still and were on a sugar high from all the cake, and candy they had had at the party, but we eventually got them home and into bed. Everyone went home, and it took me another 2 hours to clean up, and then I finally got to bed. Thankfully Caleb slept better that night, and his baby blessing went beautifully and he slept through the whole thing. Travis' Aunt Nora and her husband Nick were able to be there for the blessing, and then I took Caleb home after sacrament meeting. Also last week I had to deal with Army people, and the army withholding Travis paycheck, and saying we owe them over $3,000, hopefully I got it all figured out, and they will give us our money back. Unfortunately the stresses of the past week and weekend was too much for me, and I was sick the rest of Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, and missed my Monday classes. But I was feeling well enough Wednesday to go to class, and I'm feeling much better today, although still tired. On the way home from the grocery store today, the car started dying on me every few minutes, but would start right back up again. I made it home okay, but now I need to have the car looked at, and just hope it isn't something too expensive.
1 comment:
Phew! I'm glad you made it. That sounds just like Sean's baby blessing and Makayla's baptism. Sean was 2 weeks old and we had just gotten Ricky out of the hospital after a 5-day stay. On Monday morning when the company was leaving, we had an awful sewer backup and flood in the basement. I had a headache too. It seems like everything comes at once, doesn't it. This week, you should insist on some rest!
Post a Comment