Austin trying on more clothes, this is the outfit she picked out from her Grandma Kirkman (Stevens)
Austin had a fun birthday, even though we didn't do too much for it, since I just had the baby. My mom was still here, so she opened her presents in the morning before school, and she had German pancake and bacon for breakfast. Then we picked her up early from school and took her out to lunch at the mall food court, where she got pretzels and an orange julius. She also had a heart-shaped cake, and rainbow colored ice cream after dinner, which I didn't get a picture of, because I can't find my camera. All these pictures are from my phone, and from my Mom. I love Austin, I can't believe she is already 8 years old. She is really excited to be baptized this weekend, and received her own set of scriptures and carrying case, which she loves. Austin has always been one of my biggest helpers, and is very sweet and giving. She loves to sing, but has lately been shy about singing in front of other people. She has been a big help with Caleb, and is very willing to help, even with diapers!
Caleb is now almost 2 weeks old, and is growing well. At his Dr. appointment last week he weighed 6lb 5 oz, and I anticipate that tomorrow at his 2 weeks appointment it will be even more. Caleb is a sweet little baby, who has captured all of our hearts. The kids love to take turns holding him, and all do a good job being careful, except maybe Samuel who still needs to be a little more careful. So far, things have worked out well, for me to continue my classes, and Travis watches Caleb while I'm gone. We're struggling a bit with the sleep deprivation that comes with a newborn, but we're working hard to get Caleb to have his "days and nights" not mixed up. Caleb sleeps best, when he is with his Daddy, so he usually ends up sleeping with him part of the night. Travis and I have both been fighting colds off, and unfortunately Caleb seems to have caught our cold, and has been a little stuffy. Hopefully he can fight it off quickly before it gets very bad. My Mom came to help out last week, and it was so nice to have her here helping with the cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the kids, and running errands. Travis' Mom and Karina were here Monday and Tuesday, and it was nice for their help as well. I'm very blessed to have a Mother and a Mother-in-law who can come help out when a baby is born. We are adjusting to having a new baby in our home. |
No comments:
Post a Comment