Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fun things with Daddy home







Daddy and Samuel driving a cart through the Wal-mart parking lot



Daddy wrangling Samuel at the Children's Museum (I was so glad not to be the one doing all the chasing)




Daddy trying to catch children with big bubbles






Austin blowing me a bubble






Joseph really likes playing with the bubbles








Everybody playing with giant bubbles







Daddy riding the high-wire bike at the musuem (I did it too, but I had the camera, so no pictures of me)











Joseph playing with an air board at the musuem








Daddy helping Samuel engineer a marble contraption










Austin and Betsy playing with rubber tubing and golf balls













Austin and Betsy sitting outside the museum















All the kids got lollipops from chuck-e-cheese with their tickets


























































































































































































































Travis came home for R & R at Christmas time, and we all had a blast, and had fun for 2 weeks with him home. He never told us exactly which day he was coming home, so when the doorbell rang, and it was Daddy, we were all exstatic! Everyone crowded around Daddy trying to get hugs, and time with him. We did lots of activities with Travis home and the kids out of school. We did our Christmas Caroling and delivering plates of yummy Christmas Cookies, that I'd spent weeks preparing. We had our Christmas presents to open Christmas morning, which was fun and exciting. Travis' mom came to visit for a while after Christmas too, so we got to have fun with Grandma too. We went to Chuck-e-Cheese, and the Incredible Pizza Co. they were both a ton of fun, and we all had a great time. We went shopping downtown at the flea market, and I got a new jogger stroller that I'm sooo excited about. We also took a trip to Albuquerque to go to the Temple, and really enjoyed going to a session together, and then afterwards going to this really fun Children's Museum, that was just amazing and had so many fun things to do and explore, I think this was everyone's favorite place that we went to. During the middle of this I ended up with a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) which resulted in a Dr. visit and was given the wrong antibiotics, so the infection moved up into my kidneys, and resulted in a hospital visit New Year's Eve, to get new antibiotics. I finally recovered but was very ticked off that I lost precious time with my husband and children being sick. We had an absolutly wonderful time together, and we were all very sad to send Travis back to Iraq.













































































.

3 comments:

The Hunter Family said...

I'm so sorry you got sick while Travis was home, but at least he was home to help while you were sick, I guess!? When does Travis get to come home again? I'm glad it was a good two weeks with him and you all are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. Did Travis tell you he called Kyle to invite us for games on New Year's Eve? We unfortunately couldn't make it, but really wish we could have!! We love and miss you guys!

Amanda D said...

That does stink that you were sick when Travis was home. Boo. How long is he in Iraq this time?

It looks like you had a nice Christmas and enjoyed your time with him. We like the Children's Museum here - it looks like the one you have there is pretty cool too.

Miss you!

The Mergenthaler Family said...

Looks like lots of fun! We love the Children's Museum here too. I'm glad you all could have some time together as a family.