Sunday, December 20, 2009

update




So, I haven't put anything on my blog in a while. We had some snow in El Paso, it was pretty rare, and the kids loved it. Samuel would only last for a little while, before he would get cold, but we still had a lot of fun, making snow balls, and snowmen, and throwing it at each other. We've been busy getting ready for Christmas. I'm finally ready, well all except for the clean house part. Samuel is so excited for Christmas, and is glad that he is a big boy. He has done a good job with potting training, and refuses to wear diapers at night, so I'm washing his bed sheets almost every night, hopefully the incidents will gradually get far and fewer in-between and eventually he won't wet the bed at night either. He keeps telling me that he is a good boy, and he even told Santa that he got him a gift for Christmas. I think Santa was pleasently suprised. The kids are out of School for the next two weeks, and Travis is supposed to be home for R & R by Christmas, so we should have a good time. I was also released from my calling as a primary teacher, and called to be the relief society pianist. I will miss the kids that I taught, but I'm so excited to go to relief society and be fed spiritually every week. Samuel has been sick the past week, but is gradually doing better, and I've been struggling to get the house clean, and get all the cleaning projects done that I want to do before Travis gets home. We've also been making lots of Christmas cookies and goodies to get ready for our Christmas Caroling we're going to do next Wednesday. Betsy and Austin continue to be my sweet helpful girls. They love to help me with my projects and baking. Joseph has been doing well in school, and we have fun playing games together. We're all looking forward to Christmas, and having Daddy home for a little while.

1 comment:

The Mergenthaler Family said...

I'm glad you'll have Travis home for a couple of weeks--what a perfect Christmas present for the whole family. Have a great Christmas--and if the cleaning doesn't get done--well, I have had plenty of happy Christmases with a messy house.