Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Samuel's newest stitches

Samuel playing in the ER waiting room waiting to get his stitches


We were at Joseph's soccer game, and samuel was running down a little hill to a big puddle at the road, and I had just about caught him when he tripped and fell, he caught himself with his hands and knees

but becuase he was on a hill, he fell forward hitting his head on the rough road. So with blood streaming down his face, I scooped him up and grabbed our first aid kit from the van, and ran back to where the other kids were, thankfully my friends the lairds were there to help me clean samuel up and watch the other kids. Poor samuel when he first got hurt, he looked at me and saw blood on me (his blood) and said "mommy, hurt?" My sweet little boy was worried about me, and thought I was hurt. I told him I was fine and that he was hurt, it was his blood. Once I took him in the bathroom to clean off all the blood, he saw himself in the mirror, and realized he was really hurt, and was a bit more upset, but was very brave. After cleaning off his face, I realized that it would need stitches, so I took him to the ER, and my friends (thankyou again) stayed until Joseph's game was over and took the rest of the kids home with them. Sam and I checked in at the ER and Travis met us there not too long after. We ended up being in the ER for about 4 hours. Samuel was acting like his normal boysterious self, and entertained quite a few people in the ER. The wind was also blowing extremly strong, and when it was particularly gusty it would rattle all the window, and sounded exactly like a train rolling by. So everytime it happened, samuel would say" uh, oh, train". Once we got samuel back to where we got him stitched up he wasn't too happy, becuase he knew what was going to happen. They had to wrap him in a papoose to hold him still. They gave him the shot to numb his forehead, and Samuel was screaming and crying pretty hard, and then when the dr. started stictching him up, samuel started making kissy sounds and puckering his lips because he wanted to kiss me.(It takes talent to scream, cry, while puckering your lips and making kissing noises) So in between stictches the dr. would let me lean my face down my samuel's lips, so he could kiss me. Poor little guy, it is so hard to watch them so upset like that. But we managed to make it through, and after Samuel at said "gake-goo" (thank-you) to all the nurses and the dr. we took him home, where he slept very well. Samuel's wound is now healing very nicely, and he had his stitches taken out yesterday

No comments: