Although you can't tell, the carlsbad caverns are behind the kids. My parents were in town for the week, and we did some fun things with them, one of them was the carlsbad caverns in New Mexico. It was amazing, I couldn't believe how huge the caverns were. We went in an elevator down about 750ft. Then we hiked through the caverns for about 1 1/2 miles. The cavern was pretty awesome, it is as big as 14 football fields( I remember this, becuase I chased samuel through all of them) and the largest vertical distance was approx. 385 ft. from top to bottom. The kids were really fascinated by all the different formations, and listening with the audio guide about how they form and such. I plan on going back once samuel is three and we can go on the guided tour, which is supposed to be pretty neat.
The pictures on the top are taken at the Wyler Aerial Tramway. That was also fun, the kids really enjoyed the ride up the mountain, and had fun running around on top at the observatory. It was a really fantastic view, which included 3 states, and 2 nations. I wouldn't have minded staying on top a little longer, but the kids really wanted to ride the tramway back down.
1 comment:
Great pictures. I can't believe how big Samuel is! He has changed the most. It sounds like a neat place to visit. Natalie keeps asking when we are going to see Austin at her new house.
Post a Comment