Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Jan and Feb


Malachi really wanted me to give him a haircut, so I gave him a haircut, and then he kept saying he wanted it shorter and shorter, until finally he had no hair left.  He said that was perfect, and he looks just like Dad.  He was very happy with his "Dad" haircut and everyone enjoyed rubbing his bald little head for a while.
Gideon loves the sister missionaries.  He hugs them over and over again whenever they are around.  He never wants them to leave.  Two of the sister missionaries were being transferred, so Malachi and Gideon drew them pictures, and made them cookies.  
Samuel loves to smile!  I love how happy Samuel is, and how he loves to smile and laugh, and make others around him laugh.  
Bright orange mushrooms were pretty cool to see on our hike 





We finally tired Gideon out, we stopped for a break on our hike, and he just laid down next to Dad and just took a break!  He usually is still running around and exploring on our breaks, so it was nice to see that he finally ran out of energy.  He loved the hike though, and made it the rest of the way back to the beginning just fine.  



Malachi and Gideon had fun putting together puzzles.  
 
Austin's birthday breakfast!
   
Caleb riding his new bike

Volunteering at the food pantry, the three little boys loved climbing into the big container of water bottles and handing them to us to package for people coming to pick up food.  
Caleb's cupcake cake for his 10th birthday!  
Caleb loves blowing big bubble gum bubbles!  
Caleb and Samuel love playing with Caleb's new soccer bubbles to play in.  
Caleb loves squishy things


Very big squishanimal!  Malachi wants to hold it too
Caleb getting his first military ID
Joseph wearing a breadbasket on his head at the Olive Garden for Jessica's birthday dinner.  

The Ohana hike!  It was fun






So in January, we found out we're moving to Fort Hood Texas, so we had lots of paperwork to figure out to get hard orders, and we started looking at houses, and discovered that building might be our best option.  We also sold our house in Kansas finally, so we don't have to keep losing money on that house each month anymore, I was very relieved.  The housing market is crazy right now in most places in the country and Texas is one of them.  There aren't a lot of houses available, and the building is taking a long time as well.  We had several different deals fall through, but finally, we were able to secure a house being built in Temple, Texas that we could take over the contract for.  Moving always takes a ton of time, and is such a long process.  I think everyone is pretty excited to move to Texas.  I'm sad to leave Hawaii, I really wanted to stay, but I think we'll like it in Texas as well.  I wasn't feeling well for most of January but gradually got better and better by the end of the month.  Must have pulled a muscle around my heart area, because I was short of breath a lot, and super tired, and had chest/shoulder discomfort.  We're still in a middle of a pandemic, but things have opened up mostly again, we just have to wear masks and sanitize a lot when we go anywhere.  Joseph finally got another job, working at Starbucks, but hasn't been working very many hours, and either doesn't show up, is super late, or calls in sick.  He is very unreliable and I don't understand how he still has a job there.  Austin has been trying to decide whether she should join the military or not to have them pay for her schooling.  In February we had three birthdays.  Jessica turned 21 on the 16th and I took her and Joseph out to the Olive Garden for her birthday.  Caleb's birthday was on the 17th and he turned 10 years old!  Travis took him to get his first military ID and then we took him to Dave and Busters for his birthday activity!  Austin turned 18 on the 25th and we took her to the Olive Garden for her birthday and then she had a surprise party at her friend Charisma's house for her party!  Travis and I also did a marriage retreat just for the evening on Feb 11th.  


No comments: