Sunday, September 6, 2020

February

Hiking with my boys (Waimano Trail)


Caleb and Malachi got some sour fun dip, and I had to get their reaction, haha!





                                                On one of the days that I was sad, Malachi made these hearts for me (yes, I know they are upside down) and taped them on my wall, and said that they were for me to look at when I was sad and to remember that he loves me.  So, even though the other kids keep asking me why I have "noses" on my wall.  I leave them up there, because it makes me remember my sweet little boy loves me!






Travis graduating from Pre-Ranger School!












February was a busy month.  Travis went to Pre-Ranger school Feb.1st-Feb. 22nd then came home and slept for 2 and a half days and then left Feb. 25th for Ranger school in Georgia.  Ranger school is basically being sleep-deprived, starved, and do incredibly hard things.  It is not something Travis wanted to do, or something I wanted to support him in doing.  Travis has felt led by the spirit to do this thing, and we are willing to have him do this hard thing, because the Lord has asked it of him.  We don't know why, but Travis hopes it will help him get a job in the army in South America, because that is where he would like to go.  Travis received a beautiful priesthood blessing before he left that brings us both comfort.  Joseph ended up coming home from his mission on Feb. 4th, apparently he has been having time lost, where he doesn't know what has happened or where he has been for a certain amount of time.  After consulting with the doctors there at the MTC, they determined he should come home and see his doctor here, and have some brain scans done to see what the problem could be.  So Joseph came home and was released from his mission, with the understanding that as soon as the medical stuff was resolved he could return and go straight to North Dakota to finish out his mission.  So we went to work on getting Joseph Dr. appointments and after almost a month, the only thing they would do was tell him he has anxiety.  They wouldn't even do any brain scans.  Neither of us agreed with the doctor that Joseph has anxiety, and I wanted to go see a different doctor and get another opinion.  Meanwhile, Joseph had been talking a lot to his girlfriend who lives in California.  She needed his help, she lost her job, dropped out of school, and couldn't pay her share of the rent in her group home she lived in.  Joseph wanted to go "rescue" her, and move to California, and not go back on his mission.  He said he felt better with the medical stuff and was able to control any "episodes" that were occurring.  This was a very hard time for me, as I tried my very best to help Joseph understand the consequences of his choice.  I fasted and prayed, and asked Joseph to do the same.  I pleaded with him with all the feeling of my soul and tender heart to go back on his mission, and not go to California, but he made his choice.  He said he knew it was the harder choice and it would have consequences that would make his journey in this life harder, but he still wanted to go to California.  Travis knew Joseph came home from his mission, but during his training sessions didn't have a cell phone, so he didn't have the opportunity to talk to Joseph about all of this, and neither did I until after the fact.  So, I let Joseph go, he flew to California March 11th.  I'll continue more of this story in my next post.    
Anyway, there were many good things that happened in February too, we had two birthdays!  Caleb turned 9 and Austin turned 17!   They both wanted to go to Dave and Buster's for their birthday activity, so they got to have fun there.  Betsy also got her Patriarchal blessing!  It was a wonderful and spiritual experience.  I think we were both looking for some answers about her life (and health) and we got the answers we were hoping for, we were both crying and it was amazing, and we're so grateful that we can receive guidance from Heavenly Father in our lives.  Caleb and Samuel started Karate and have been enjoying it.  The girls got to go to a stake dance, and I was a chaperone and got to see them dancing, it was fun.  

No comments: