 |
| These are the Valentine treats I gave to the kids, and Travis this year. Nice and healthy, but they still liked it. I sent them in the school lunches! |
 |
| Malachi threw a can of soup at my head, owwwwww! |
 |
| Caleb was tired, and chose this spot to lay his head down. |
 |
| Happy Birthday Caleb! |
 |
| Caleb opening up his presents from his friends |
 |
| Caleb got a ton of gifts, he was one happy little boy! |
 |
| He really liked these homemade chocolate chip cookies from his friend Kai |
 |
| Gideon trying to drink the syrup |
 |
| Caleb's birthday dinner at Cracker Barrel |
 |
| He may be 6 years old, but still tiny. He can fit all the way into the package box at the mailbox station. He suprised me on our walk, by hiding in it |
 |
| Look at that hair!! |
 |
| One tired little Malachi |
 |
| Such a happy little boy |
 |
| He thinks he is funny, putting an orange on his head |
 |
| This is how Malachi licks the bowl after making brownies |
 |
| Austin and Betsy at New Beginnings |
 |
| Austin in the hot pink wig |
 |
| Betsy in the hot pink wig |
 |
| Austin's birthday breakfast! Maple doughnuts, donut holes, bacon, and strawberries |
 |
| She shared with Caleb |
 |
| Austin getting squished by all her friends at her birthday party |
 |
| Austin's birthday cake! |
 |
| Gideon loved all the necklaces at the party! |
 |
| Gideon loves Austin's big bunny she got from the Young Women for her birthday |
 |
| Gideon loves playing peek a boo at the park with Betsy |
 |
| Gideon loves to hug people, but doesn't love to let go, so most of the time, he ends up pulling them over on top of him, and they don't usually like it, but Gideon thinks it's pretty fun. |
 |
| He's trying to get away |
 |
| Gideon loves sitting on Caleb's lap |
 |
| Austin made this delicious cookies and cream cake for the cub scout fundraiser |
 |
| Betsy made this delicious andes mint cake for the cub scout fundraiser |
 |
| Gideon loves to play with puzzles |
 |
| Gideon thinks it's funny to attack my face |
 |
| The only pictures I get of Joseph anymore are suprise pictures, so here you go! |
 |
| Here are the trust pictures that Travis and I made of each other at our marriage retreat we did in Kansas City |
 |
| Gideon hid behind the door to suprise me, silly boy |
 |
| This is how I listen to church, with three little boys climbing on me |
 |
| Austin climbing through the tunnnels at the FRITZ' adventure park in Branson, MO |
 |
| Austin and Malachi climbing down through the cement mixer into the underground tunnels |
 |
| "Mom, you really want me to go down here with him?" |
 |
| Austin and Malachi climbing out from the underground tunnels |
 |
| I have a story to tell about this slide. I was watching Gideon and Malachi, and Malachi wanted to go down this huge swirly slide. So we climbed are way up through the roped area, not easy carrying a 15 month old. When we got to the top, Malachi quickly slid down the slide, but as I went to follow him down, the worker at the top, said I couldn't slide down with the baby, so I started making my way back down the ropes, and as I was making my way down, I saw Travis climbing up the other side and told him that Malachi had already slid down, and he needed to quickly climb the rest of the way up and go down the slide as well. As I'm making my way down I look over and see that Malachi is trying to climb back up the slide, since I didn't follow him down. I can see him, and trying yelling to him, to go back down, but he can't hear me, since the place is so loud. Malachi makes it over half way up the slide, and kids keep sliding down past him, some trying to pull him down with them, but he won't let go of the slide. There are even adults at the bottom of the slide pointing and positioning themselves around the slide ready to catch him in case he falls. I keep wondering why Travis hasn't gone down the slide yet, but apparently kids kept getting in front of him, and it was hard to squeeze through some of the tiny holes, and he didn't realize that Malachi had started climbing back up the slide. I was still climbing down as fast as I could, and couldn't see Malachi any more, and then say Travis sliding down, just as I was reaching the bottom. We both ended up at the bottom of the slide about the same time, but couldn't see Malachi anywhere, as we are looking all around, we saw a working holding Malachi's hand and looking around for his parents. So we got our Malachi back, but man did that make my heart race. |
 |
| Samuel climbing in the ropes course |
 |
| Malachi climbing on the ropes course |
 |
| Austin climbing in the ropes course |
 |
| Caleb climbing in the ropes course |
 |
| Betsy climbing in the ropes course |
 |
| Austin in the ropes course |
 |
| Betsy going on the zip line |
 |
| Austin and Joseph on the ropes course |
 |
| So, another Malachi story. I was watching him and Gideon again, and this time Malachi climbed all the way up a water tower, (he had been climbing up and going down a slide on it) At the top was this small tunnel about 6 stories high, and he was slowly walking across, it was completely enclosed in plastic, so he wasn't in danger of falling. He was going at an incredibliy slow pace, and at one point his foot got stuck in the rope. There was a bunch of kids stuck behind him, becuase there was no room to get around him. If anyone came close to him, it looked like he would scream at them. I saw Samuel and sent him up to help, and Travis too. Malachi was crying, but finally pulled his foot out of his shoe and started going, but then realized he still wanted his shoe, so he went back for it. By this time I was waiting from him at the exit of the tunnel, Samuel and Travis caught up just as Malachi was exiting, so he made it out okay, but was still upset. |
 |
| Caleb climbing up some pillars |
 |
| Gideon was really thirsty after our adventure |
 |
| Travis and I climbed the city wall together |
 |
| The right side was much harder, I didn't even make it up that side. |
 |
| Travis was peeling potatoes, and made a Joseph potato! |
 |
| Gideon loves gummy worms |
 |
| Gideon loved getting FroYo with me |
 |
| Caleb, Austin, and Malachi writing on the chalkboard wall |
 |
| Malachi having fun, climbing trees |
 |
| Austin climbed the rock |
 |
| Betsy climbed the tower |
 |
| Gideon wants his Momma to pick him up, I obliged right after taking his picture |
 |
| I love this little boy's grin |
 |
| I made a loaf of homemade bread, and while it was cooling, Malachi took a bite around all of the edges |
 |
| Austin worked hard making this Harry Potter city for math |

Travis was still out in the field for Valentine's Day, but Austin babysat, and a friend of mine invited me and a few other ladies whose husbands were gone over to dinner, and made us a delicious dinner. Travis made it back from the field the day of Caleb's birthday. Caleb had a blast with all of his friends, and had a great party. Austin's birthday was a lot of work, but a lot of fun. She dinner a mystery dinner theater party. It was a kidnapping caper, and I had to do a lot of work to prepare all the clues and meals, but Austin did all the decorating. She and her friends all had a blast, and Austin was thouroughly spoiled by all of her friends. Travis took all the boys out for the evening, but Samuel stayed behind in a hot pink wig and dress and played the part of the kidnapped vicitm, and hid in the house, until it was time for the girls to find him. It was awesome. Also, Caleb was super sad when he realized he wasn't going to stay for Austin's party, so we dressed him up as well, and let him stay.
Joseph and Samuel learned a hard lesson, and obedience. I had dropped of Joseph and Samuel at the library to get some books, while taking Betsy to her Youth Court, but when I went to pick them up, they were both on the computers playing roblox, which is something I have banned them from playing. Neither of them would get off the computers, no matter how many times I told them. I had to leave and go to Austin and Betsy's parent teacher conferences, so I told them we had to leave right then. I said we were leaving and they better follow. Well, they didn't follow. I went to both the girl's parent teacher conferences, we were late to both of them, due to the boys not listening to me, but they went well, and both Austin and Betsy are doing great in school. So we got home, and Travis got home and I told him about it, and how frustrated I was with them. So, I made dinner and we ate, and left Joseph and Samuel there until the library closed at 9pm. Travis rode his bike (I sent him with some coats and gloves for the boys) in 35 degree weather the approximately 3 miles to the library, and then then had them run, while he rode his bike all the way home. He ended up needing to give Samuel the bike part way, but they all made it home, and the boys went straight to bed when they got home. They both said, they learned there lesson, and would listen to me next time. Thank goodness for Travis, who was willing to teach them the lesson.
The weekend of Spring Break, Travis and I conducted a Marriage Retreat in Kansas City, at Adam's Mark hotel and water park, it was a lot of fun. I love doing marriage retreats with Travis, and we enjoy the free hotel stays and food. The kids also got to enjoy the water park as well. We left from the retreat in Kansas City, and drove to Branson to enjoy our spring break as a family. It was so nice to take a break, and spend a few days together as a family. We got to attend church in Branson, and I enjoyed following Gideon around and talking with another mom who was also visiting and following around her 7th child who was the same age as Gideon. They were also in the military, but were stationed at fort leavenworth. It was fun to talk with her about our adventures in life, and give each other ideas. We used the amenities at the resort we were staying at, and played in the pool and went miniature golfing. They had this huge heart shaped jacuzzi tub in the room we were staying in, that the little boys loved bathing in. Travis and I had to attend a sales meeting for time share, in order to get this good deal at our stay at the resort, and it was easy to tell them no, but it was annoying to have to waste our time. The big thing the kids enjoyed was going to FRITZ adventure park. We got a military discount, so that helped with the cost, but was still a lot of money. But everyone had a great time climbing in and around everything. I enjoyed climbing the wall and ropes course with Travis, and tried to keep track of all the little boys the rest of the time. It was pretty hot in there, and we were all exhausted by the end of our time there. Joseph loved hiding in the tunnels below ground and jumping out and scaring people. Malachi loved escaping and having adventures, while I would try to find him. It was a big place and easy to lose a child. Betsy and Caleb loved the laser room, and Austin liked the ropes course. It was nice to go on a spring break trip, as we usually don't go anywhere for spring break.
No comments:
Post a Comment