 |
| Caleb with Joseph while at the hospital |
 |
| smiling in my sleep! |

So this week has been a little crazy. So right after I posted last week, Gideon started getting worse. Sunday afternoon and all night long, Gideon cried and cried and cried, he would not be comforted at all. He would cry until he fell asleep in exhaustion, and then just a few minutes later wake back up and cry some more. I took him to the Dr. Monday morning as soon as I could get him an appointment. The Dr. checked his ears and said he had a ruptured ear drum due to an ear infection. The poor little guy was so miserable. We got him some antibiotics and tylenol from the pharmacy, and I started him on them right away. The ruptured ear drum will take about 3 months to heal on it's own. We have an appointment on the 17th to check his ear and make sure it is healing, and won't need surgery. Malachi was still not feeling good for a while, but slowly started feeling better and sleeping better. After school on Monday, Joseph came home from school with an ice pack on his finger, and said his finger hurt real bad and his head hurt, and he thought he had a mild concussion due to getting shoved into the wall during a dodge ball game at school. He also said he got real mad and kicked the door to the gym and left. He skipped dinner because he didn't feel good and went to bed. On Tuesday he said his finger still hurt really bad, I told him even if it was broken, it would probably just needed to be taped together, and I didn't have time to take him to the Dr. because Betsy had her physical therapy appointment and I had my OB-GYN appointment, and they had all their church activities. By Wednesday, his finger was hurting even worse, even with the ibuprofen, so I gave in and took him in to the Emergency Room as soon as I got the other kids off to school. They x-rayed his hand and sure enough there was a chip in the bone on the joint of his finger. There was also a hematoma underneath the nail bed. They splinted his finger, and told him to wear it for 4 weeks, then follow-up with the Dr. We rushed to the Dentist office for our Dentist appointments (for Joseph and I) and got our teeth cleaned. Poor Caleb and Malachi were getting so tired of waiting in offices or lobbies. I didn't blame them we had been in offices since 7:30am and by the time we were done with the dentist it was almost 1pm. We got some lunch and dropped Joseph off at school, and then went home. I also had Austin's appointment that afternoon, boy was I tired of having appointments, at least Gideon slept through most of it. Gideon was finally feeling better, and smiling and acting happy again. He still hates taking his medicine, and is a little fussy, but is doing so much better. I'm still not getting a lot of sleep, but getting 1-2 hours of sleep at a time, is much better than only 15-20 minutes at a time. I've been trying to get the house back in order, it turned into a disaster zone after dealing with a sick baby for so long, and not spending any time on the house. We finally got it cleaned and organized again yesterday. Hopefully things will get a little bit back to normal now.
No comments:
Post a Comment