 |
| Grandma Stevens with baby Gideon |
 |
| Austin styled Malachi's hair |
 |
| Hello cute baby! |
 |
| Daddy and Baby Gideon |
 |
| Daddy and Gideon looking at each other |
 |
| Daddy enjoying his massage chair while holding his baby, isn't he a lucky guy! |
 |
| Daddy blessing baby Gideon |
 |
| We got lots of snow! Caleb loves playing in it |
 |
| Daddy put Caleb and Malachi up high in the closet |
 |
| Daddy holding his sweet little Gideon |
 |
| Such a cute, happy boy. He found Betsy's stamps, and put stamps on his forehead. |
 |
| close up of baby gideon |
I'm so sleep deprived that I can't remember most of what has been going on in our house, but I should be able to give you some highlights. Grandma Stevens came to visit. She loved holding the baby, and it was nice to have her there to help out. Travis was supposed to arrive home Jan. 12th, but his flight got delayed, so instead we picked him up at the airport on the 13th. It was so nice to have Daddy home for a few days. He loves his new baby, and Gideon loves him. Malachi was super excited that Daddy came out of the the phone. (he always talks to him via Facetime on my phone). Travis took him Mom to the airport, and then went to IKEA and bought some organizing bins, and helped to get the basement organized better. We went to the USO for a family game night and had a lot of fun, but driving there and back with the four oldest shoved into the 3 back seats didn't go over well, we will really need to get a new car when Travis gets back this summer. On the 24th we drove Travis to the airport and he flew back to Jordan. Gideon got sick the next day. He is really congested, and has gotten worse each day until today. He either cries or sleeps, and barely has any voice left, so just sounds hoarse and incredibly pitiful when he cries. He throws up all his milk, if I can get him to eat any, and only sleeps about 10-20 minutes at a time. I have been doing hardly anything but hold the baby and take care of him, with a few loads a laundry run, due to him throwing up on me all the time and needing clean clothes and blankets. It has been really hard on Malachi, because I haven't been able to take care of him very well, but Caleb has been a great helper. And when the older kids get home they have been helping out too. I cancelled as many of my appointments as I could, but I did take Austin to an orthodontist appointment and she needs $5000 worth of braces and treatment for 2 years, which doesn't even include implants for the top front teeth she is missing. I finally asked our home teacher to come and give Gideon a blessing yesterday, and he seems much happier and is eating better, so I think he is finally starting to get better instead of worse. He is still stuffy, and throwing up but not as much. Our home teacher's family even took all the kids to church for me today, so I could stay home with Gideon. I keep praying for him to get better, it breaks my heart that he is so miserable, and I haven't had hardly any sleep at all, I'm so tired, and I really need to get my house back in order.
No comments:
Post a Comment