Thursday, September 10, 2015

Looking for what was lost, and I don't like it when my baby is sick

Only two major things to report.
1.  We couldn't find Travis' official passport, and spent almost a week looking for it.
2.  Malachi got sick with croup, so very sad.

On Monday of last week, Travis called me from work to tell me he needed his official passport.  I had no idea where it was, I have him keep his important stuff for work, and I keep mine and the kids important documents in with my files.  Apparently right before we moved, Travis said he put his passport on top of my files, so I would put it with the rest of the passports.  I spent all Monday tearing apart the house and going through my files, I couldn't find it anywhere.  I told Travis it must be in with his work stuff at his office, since he hadn't unpacked his boxes there yet.  I kept looking for it throughout the week, but could not find it, finally on Friday, Travis and I went on a "date" to his office and worked on going through all his boxes there, but it wasn't there either.  So, Saturday we both spent the day looking for it more at home, finally Travis found it in a small pocket of a suitcase in the garage.  Whew!  So relieved he finally found it, he would have been in big trouble at work if he had lost that.

So both Austin and Betsy started getting sick with colds last week, and Malachi got sick starting Friday.  Unfortunately, Malachi's turned into Croup.  Travis also started feeling sick Saturday/Sunday as well.  Poor little Malachi just kept getting worse and worse, he was not sleeping at night, and Travis and I (mostly me) would be up with Malachi all night, since he was struggling so much to breathe, and he had the croup cough (sounds like a barking seal).  Travis, Austin, Betsy, and Malachi stayed home from church on Sunday, but by the time we got home from church, we decided it was time to take Malachi to the hospital, is was lethargic, and struggling to breath, and feverish for too long.  So, Travis and I took Malachi to the hospital while the other kids stayed home.  The ER wasn't busy, and they got us right back, and after checking his lungs, quickly got him back for a breathing treatment and steroid shot.  They waited a while to see if those would work, and when he was still struggling, they gave him another breathing treatment with different medicine.  He was finally starting to breath a little easier, but still not well enough, and they ended up giving him another breathing treatment.  The wanted to keep him overnight, but after seeing him happily using the hospital bed as a slide, and starting to climb all over things, they decided we could just continue giving him breathing treatments at home with our nebulizer and steroids and home to help him with his breathing.
So even though we had a four day weekend, due to labor day, and Travis had the days off work, we didn't do anything fun, just looked for his lost passport, and took care of sick Malachi.  Malachi's breathing is much better, he still has a bad cold and fevers, so hopefully he will get all the way better soon.  I'm getting tired of just staying at home all day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor little Malachi!😓. He was really a very sick boy!