Thursday, January 30, 2014

Joseph sick and potty training Caleb

Sweet little Malachi getting tummy time.


Caleb running in the snow

Caleb enjoying a moment of fresh air and snow

Caleb sledding in our backyard


Caleb is not a baby anymore, I put this together for Malachi, and Caleb wanted to use it.  He discovered that he really isn't a baby anymore.

The fireplace in my bedroom.

Our roaring fire in our living room

Samuel (the owie is from his fall on the treadmill)

Our backyard, covered in snow

Caleb saying "I don't know" when asked how long it is going to take his hand to heal.

So the past month, has been busy and just full of regular life.  Caleb's hand is finally mostly better, it took a month, but he doesn't need to wear a bandage anymore, and uses his hand pretty normally again.  I have also been potty training Caleb, and he does pretty well at it, we are still working on it, and some days are better than others.  He can make it to the bathroom all by himself, but hasn't figured out how to pull his underwear and pants back up when he is done, so he runs around the house half naked, until I put his underwear back on for him.  It is a little embarrassing when I have piano students over.  Joseph has been sick for the past 3 weeks, and I finally took him to the dr. on monday, he said he has bronchitis, and is constipated, (they x-rayed his stomach).  The dr. gave him three different medicines to take, but he is not getting better.  He has missed school all this week.  I'm thinking of taking him back in to the dr.  Joseph did feel good enough last weekend to go Paintballing with Travis.  They had a good time, until Travis shot Joseph in the head.  He came home with a big goose egg, on his forehead.  After that, the instructor guy joined Joseph's team, and Travis ended up with a few bruises himself.  We discovered that our bathroom bathtub drain (the one towards the top of the bathtub) is leaking straight down to the kitchen.  So we had to rip out the sheet rock, in part of the kitchen, and we still need to get the drain fixed, but as long as no one fills the bathtub very full, it can still be used.  We are still working on the planning of our kitchen remodel, and the contractor we are working with, says work will probably get started the end of feb. or beginning or march.  Austin and Betsy have been doing choir at the elementary school two mornings a week, and Austin, Betsy, and Samuel have gymnastics once a week after school.  I am also teaching 4 piano students, so I am enjoying that once again.  Caleb loves the snow, he calls it a roller coaster, and loves to go out and have me pull him around in the sled.  I was called to be Betsy's primary teacher at church, so I have been busy with that too.  Travis and I went on a date last Friday, and went out to dinner.  We had Malachi with us, and he was really cute.  We layed him on the floor on his blanket, and dropped a cloth napkin over him, and he would get so excited and play with the napkin, it was a lot of fun.

No comments: