Sunday, August 4, 2013

I can't wait for school to start, and baby to come

This week, I haven't written down each night about the day, so I'm just going to tell the highlights, and what I remember most.  First of all, I'm not sleeping well, I'm ready for this baby to come, and school to start.  One major thing that happened this week was a problem with one of the neighbors a couple houses down.  Right before Travis left, the Dad of this family, came over and complained about Joseph being mean to his kids.  We talked to Joseph about being kind to others, even if they are mean to us, (he had said they were being mean to him first), and grounded him for a week from playing with friends.  This week the Dad comes over again, and is upset, and starts telling me to keep Joseph away from his kids, and off his property, and gives a list of grievances against Joseph.  He says the they've had other problems with bullies, and they called the MPs, and they'll call them again, if they see Joseph near the house or kids again.  While he was ranting, I got the feeling that he wasn't telling me the real story, and that Joseph hadn't done the things he was telling me.  I told the Dad, we would respect his wishes, and went to talk with Joseph (he was watching Caleb in the bath for me, since I was giving him a bath when the Dad showed up on the doorstep).  Joseph explained that he was playing with a friend, and the Dad's sons were picking on his friends little sister, and he told them to go home.  Then the Mom came out and started yelling at him, so he left and came home.  I had Joseph write an apology note to the family, and I took it over the next morning and apologized to the Mom for any wrongdoing, and explained that Joseph is not a bully, but when provoked can treat people the wrong way.  I also asked her to talk to her boys about leaving Joseph alone as well.  (Joseph told me that they were always swearing at him, and making mean comments whenever he walked past).  I later found out from another lady in our ward and some other families that this family has had problems and accused each of their sons of being bullies and horrible thing as well, and the MPs were called.   Basically this family their sons are the bullies, and then tell their parents that the other kids are being the bullies and causing problems.  Anyway so I've been upset about this, and thinking about it a lot at night,
On Tuesday I had an OB appointment, everything looks good, the baby is really low and in a good position, and I started dilating (2 cm).  I went to PWOC, then took the kids to childcare for Betsy and I to go to our chiropractor appointment.  We had to wait for 30 minutes at the childcare place, while they figured out what to do about Sam's diet, (it was ridiculous) so we were 30 minutes late to our appointment but they accommodated us anyway.  That night I was really frustrated with the kids and all their messes, then the YW came and helped clean for 20 minutes for a service project.  6 girls and 2 leaders can get a lot done in 20 minutes, and I felt a lot better after they left.
On Thursday I tried taking the kids swimming in the outdoor pool, but it was closed, so we went to the indoor pool, they had a good time for a while, then Samuel kept pulling on the girls when they were trying to swim, and making them cry, so we left.
Friday, I taught piano lessons, and we all did chores.  There was also a ward potluck dinner, and movie of the testaments that we went to, that went pretty well, and the girls enjoyed watching the movie, while the boys ran around and played.
On Saturday, -  Joseph went to the temple, and spent the day in Denver with our friends.  He had a really good time, and even though he had to wait in the temple for a couple hours, for the other people to be done with their sessions, he still enjoyed it, and wants to go again.  I  dropped the kids off at childcare, and when we got there, Samuel had forgotten his shoes, so we had to go back and get them, and Caleb fell asleep in the car, so I got to drop him off and leave him in a little cot..  I spent the next 3 hours, shopping for school supplies, getting Joseph glasses, and other shopping in the busy wal-mart store, and taking it home and putting away groceries.  I was absolutely exhausted and sore by the time I picked up the kids and got them all home.  The good news is that the kids are all completely ready for school now.  I went upstairs to soak in the bath, when after I'd been in for a few minutes, a Tornado warning went off.  So I quickly got out, and got dressed, and gathered all the kids, and we moved to a room downstairs, and watched the storms progress on the radar weather map on my kindle.  The storm was predicting 1 in. hail and 70 mph winds.  We watched as the storm got closer to us, but then turned toward the SE, so we missed the worst of the storm, and only got plenty of rain, wind, and thunder that shook the house.  After the weather had calmed.  Austin said she knew god would protect us, just like she knows he will protect daddy. (made me feel all warm and fuzzy).
  I brought a water bottle of ice water in my Sunday bag today, because last Sunday I was so hot and sweaty.  Well one of the kids took off the lid, and then Caleb knocked it over, and spilled the whole thing all over the carpet, and then said "ooh...water" and started stomping in it, splashing ice cold water all over my legs, it was so shocking(from the cold) I gasped out loud. The other kids thought this was hilarious, and busted up laughing.   Today was my first Sunday in a year where I have been able to attend Sunday School and Relief Society.  They released my today from my nursery calling, it was awesome.  The kids were all disappointed, they liked me being in nursery.  I did have to change Caleb's diaper during relief society, and when I brought him back to nursery, all the other little kids had to run over and give me a hug, it was sweet.
I put up a quilt with Travis' picture on it in the stairway, and Caleb likes to play with it, and hide behind it, and pull it down, and say "i got daddy".  He also loves to play "air pockey" on the air hockey table.  On our walk now, Caleb is all about the "journey", and I'm all about the "destination".  I want Caleb to sit in the stroller until we get to the end of the path, then let him play, but Caleb wants to walk too, and is distracted by every bug, flower, rock, and stick, along the way.  He loves to just sit in the rocks and dirt, and play.  I got frustrated with him, and ended up carrying him the rest of the way, because he didn't want to sit in the stroller, and I was tired of waiting for him.  
My mom comes in 3 days, school starts in 4, and the baby is due in 10.  Many changes coming soon.....

1 comment:

The Hunter Family said...

I read your blog last night and then saw on Facebook that the baby didn't wait for ten days to come. How exciting for your family though. I envy your strength Kayley.