 |
| Caleb's poor little bandaged hand |
 |
| He can still crawl with his little hand |
The night started with Samuel getting mad at Joseph while they were plaing the Wii, because he would'nt let him win, and he threw the Wii remote and it hit the T.V. breaking it and the remote. I found out that our warranty expired last month and the T.V. is unrepairable. Samuel has learned a great lesson. He no longer has a T.V. to watch or to play Wii games on. We'll be able to get a new one once we move to Colorado, but not until then.
The babysitter arrived just as I was finishing up my phone call to the warranty office. We had been planning this date to the Tree Room restaraunt in Sindance for a while, and we're very excited. We went to this Restaraunt 10 years ago, and Travis has talked about it ever since, and I was able to get a dinner for two voucher for a great deal. We brought the baby with us, since he has a really hard time with babysitters. As we drove the twenty minutes up there, the roads were great and the mountains and trees were beautiful. We had a delicios dinner, my favorite part was the creamy butternut squash soup with maple cream. Travis really enjoyed his steak with mango sauce. Caleb enjoyed all the bites of food we gave him, although he kept squeezing out of his high chair, soTravis and I were taking turns holding him. While we were waiting for dessert, Travis was holding Caleb and playing angry birds with him on my kindle. (he loves putting his finger on the screen and letting the bids fly). Caleb suddenly stood up and lunged and grabbed the flame on the candle in the middle of the table. We quickly stuck his hand in a glass of cold water, and kept it there for the next twenty minutes or so while he cried. After looking at his hand and seeing several large blisters on the inside of his hand, we asked for some burn ointment and bandages. A guy came over from the safety office and looked at his hand , then put some pain relieving ointment and bandaged his little hand up, and said if the blisters get much bigger we should take him to the hospital. My poor little baby was so upset. We finally put him in his car seat and took him out to the car even though he was still crying. When we got outside, it was snowing like crazy, and there was aleady 2-3 inches of snow covering our car and the road. Travis started driving carefully down road, but about 1/2 mile later we were sliding off the road toward a river below. I got out of the car with the baby, while Travis tried to get the car out, but it just slid closer to the river. I called USAA and got a tow truck to come. A lady passed us and offered to give the baby and me a ride home, we took her up on her offer. It was hard to talk on the phone to get a tow truck coming while the baby was crying so hard, but we finally figured it out. Caleb finally fell asleep and I called Travis to tell him a tow truck was coming, and he told me another car slid and hit our car. I enjoyed talking to the lady who drove me home, and discovered that she grew up in Missoula, MT and knows my brother-in-law. She also has two autistic children and we talked a lot about our children. After I got home, I tried calling Travis and couldn't get a hold of him, and was really worried. I finally got a hold of him after an hour, and the tow truck had pulled out the car who hit him, and was pulling him out next. Travis finally made it home after about 11pm, after the tow truck brought him all the way home. Our car still works, but is a little beat up in the back, but not too much. We are very grateful our prayers were answered and everyone made it home safely, and Caleb slept about normal through the night.
1 comment:
HOLY COW!! I'm so glad you are all ok! That is totally a night you will not forget!
Post a Comment