Friday, December 30, 2011

Caleb's first boxing lesson

Caleb the construction worker

"Feasting upon the word"

"a desire"

more "feasting upon the word"

"ponder while feasting upon the word"
Travis was giving Caleb his first boxing lesson, and I caught it on tape.  Travis also gave Caleb his little New Testament, and Caleb really loved holding it, and chewing on it, it made for some good pictures.  Caleb has been sick with a cold for about a month, a week ago, he woke up from his nap, and was struggling to breath, so Travis gave him a blessing, and we took him to the doctor.  He gave Caleb a nebulizer breathing treatment and it cleared up his lungs, so he told us to get a nebulizer and give him a breathing treatment 3 times a day for a week, and if he was still having trouble with coughing and wheezing to bring him back in.  Thankfully, Maia, Travis' sister was coming to see us, the next day, and brought us her nebulizer and medicine, so we didn't have to buy any, and we were able to borrow one from a friend in the ward, until we she came.  Caleb has been struggling on and off a little bit, but I think he may be teething too, because he doesn't like to breastfeed when he is teething and he refused to breastfeed for a whole day, I finally had to pump, and feed him with a sippy cup, and adding it to his oatmeal.  I finished up his treatments yesterday, and he seems to be doing okay today, and he is actually letting me breastfeed him today, and he slept better last night, so I'm hoping he'll be better now.  Yesterday, when I was cooking in the kitchen, Caleb pulled a container of brown rice flour out of the bottom cupboard, and managed to get the lid off, and when I turned around he was playing in it and shoving handfuls of it in his mouth.  The kids thought it was pretty funny, especially Samuel.  I thought I cleaned it all up, but this morning, as soon as I put him on the kitchen floor, he crawling over to a small pile of the brown rice flour, and put his face to it, and started licking it.  I guess he likes brown rice flour a lot.  I could probably just add a little water to it, and it would be a lot like his baby rice cereal.  Travis left yesterday early morning, to go to EL Paso for his Chaplain interview.  He told me, he feels like it went really well.  He should be back sometime tomorrow. 

No comments: