Sunday, September 18, 2011
Another week around the Kirkman house
This week was a little better than last week, but still filled with frustrations and stresses, but that's normal. Caleb is getting so mobile. He is scooting all over the place, and pushing himself up into sitting position from the laying down. He is pulling himself into standing with a drawer handle or his crib, so we had to move his crib position. He also has crawled a couple of times, he is getting so big. Samuel and I were talking about something we were going to do that night, and Samuel said "Hold on, I'm going to see if night is coming", and he moved over to the window and opened the window, then he said "yep, night is here, I can hear it" This is at about noon, and nowhere near dark, so I asked him what he meant by "hearing the night" he said "listen", and so I did and sure enough I could hear crickets. He said he heard the crickets and the wolves, and that meant it was night. I had to convince him it had to be dark too, and he finally agreed to wait until it was dark. Also they were practicing for their primary program today during primary, and as I was going to feed the baby, I walked through the chapel where they were practicing, and Samuel was just getting up to practice his part, and I don't know what was going on, but he started laughing and giggling so hard, that he couldn't even say his whole line, so they finally gave up trying to get him to say it, and had him sit down, still laughing uncontrollably. We'll have to work with him this week, because I don't want him to do that during Sacrament Meeting next week. Betsy loves to hug and kiss her Daddy, in fact she was hugging and kissing him so much, that he had to make a rule that she could only kiss him once every 10 minutes. Betsy also found out that her teacher gives extra rewards for reading more than 20 minutes. So Betsy has been trying to read 45 or 60 minutes every day, and she's been doing a great job. Austin has been a great helper this week, she has been helping me make Travis' lunch every morning, and herself a healthy snack, and helping with the baby, and the dishes, and getting her homework done too. Joseph started choir this week, it is wednesday and friday mornings. He loves to be the first one there, and loves to wake up early those days to get there fast. He has gotten behind in his spelling homework, and has been trying to catch up this week. This week we've had a houseguest, his name is Ryan, and he is in Travis' chaplain program at school, and is a really nice guy. He's needed a place to stay the next two weeks, so he's staying with us. He has been a really good infuence on the kids, and getting them to help around the house, and also to listen and do what they've been told. He also will help do the dishes after dinner. With our dishwasher broken again, I love not having to do the dishes every night! I love going to my classes, it is a great break from taking care of children, and doing housework. Travis picked up a free treadmill this weekend and set it up downstairs in our craft room, and the kids have all loved using it. It actually works, and is a good outlet for the boys especially when they need to get rid of some excess energy. This morning Caleb woke up a little after 5am, so I fed him and asked Travis to take the baby, so I could sleep in. Well at 6:30am, Travis was back with the baby, saying that I'd had enough sleep. Since when is 6:30am sleeping in? Oh well, I was happy for at least one extra hour of sleep. The BYU vs Utah game was Saturday, and so I decked Caleb out in his BYU cougars outfit, but about half-way through the game, he got all wet, so I had to change his outfit, and then BYU started losing and lost big-time. So, we all figure Caleb must be BYU's good luck charm, and next game, I'd better keep him in his BYU outfit!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment