Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Adventures of the day

This is Austin helping to take care of the baby

Caleb likes the baby swing

The kids on one of our morning walks

Austin, Betsy, Caleb, and their cousin Hazel


Joseph displaying the melted plate and burnt cinnamon roll

This morning at the end of our morning devotional we saw smoke rolling out of the kitchen.  It turns out Samuel put a leftover cinnamon roll into the microwave for 60 minutes.  It ended up cooking for 15 minutes.  It melted a hole through the plate where the cinnamon roll was, and scorched the cinnamon roll.  The house smelled so horrible that we left and went to the library for a while.  Then we went to the park and as we got out, I went to throw some garbage away, and when I came back to the car, Samuel and locked the car and gotten out and shut the door.  So my keys, phone, purse were all locked in the car, Thankfully I had already gotten the baby out.  So it took us over an hour to walk home and get Travis' set of car keys, and then I had a friend watch the kids and I rode my bike back to where the car was, and drove it home. 

1 comment:

The Hunter Family said...

You guys need a car with a key pad on the outside. That has save us from stories like yours so many times! I can't wait to see you all next month!!