Thursday, September 23, 2010
yogurt, sickness, and blessings
A few noteworthy things have happen in our household in the last week. First of all, Travis, Austin and Joseph camped out in the parking lot of the Earthfruits Yogurt restaurant last Friday night, to earn free yogurt for a year. They were having a grand opening and offering free yogurt to the first 100 customers. They had a great time camping out, and ended up earning 2 free yogurts for a year (52 coupons for free yogurt) and Austin got a $20 gift certificate. My wonderful husband did it for me, since he knows how much I love yogurt, and since we can't really afford it, he camped out and got it for me for free. Unfortunately, the timing wasn't so great, since Friday I got really sick, really fast. I couldn't sit up or stand up without intense pressure and pain in my head, neck, and upper back, and I couldn't keep any food down. By Saturday morning, after talking with my OBGYN and another nurse, they determined I needed to get to the ER. Travis and the older kids were still camping, and I couldn't get a hold of him because his battery on his cell phone always dies. I finally got my Visiting Teaching companion to watch my two youngest children, and take me to get Travis and to the ER. After running some tests, the Dr. ruled out Meningitis and a few other things, and told me I probably just hurt my neck, and sent me home with a muscle relaxant prescription. I got a hold of my cousin Eric who is a wonderful chiropractor and he came over Saturday night and adjusted my neck. The next day some of the pain in my neck and back subsided but the rest was still overwhelming. My cousin told me, it was probably nutrition related, and so I got an appointment for Tuesday morning with a naturopath/nutritionist that has been recommend to me by my aunt, who has had lots of success with her. Travis drove me to the appointment, and the Dr. was able to perform all her tests while I laid on he floor. Her and another Dr. were able to determine that I have parasites, and I'm allergic to soy, the wireless signals cell phones and wireless Internet sends out, vitamin B6, and the growth hormone my body is producing to help the baby grow. Anyway she was able to give me some drops under my tongue to ease some of the pain, and by the end of the appointment I was able to sit up for a short amount of time. After paying the bill, which was over $400 we came home. I was worried about the money because we're living off our savings, and have everything budgeted out for the next two years. But when we got home their was a check from the GI bill for $500 that I wasn't expecting, so we are blessed. The Lord works in mysterious ways, sometimes even through a government check. Anyway, I've gradually gotten better, and I'm at the point where I can sit or stand for 5-10 minutes until I have to lay down again. Travis has been wonderful taking care of a lot of my household duties, and getting the kids to and from school. Although Travis has been getting a bit behind in his school wok, so I'm hoping to get back to healthy status very soon. But I know the Lord is watching out for us and blessing us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So happy to hear from you. I pray that this sickness subsides quickly and you can go back to being the same old Kayley. I am so glad you are enjoying the blessings you have. We do have counted our blessings as well. Your story reminded me of last week. We finally paid our tithing after waiting for our membership to transfer for so long. The same week our AC broke and to repair it would cost us $1698.95. We honestly didnt have the money. I talked to Ryan and he told me to have faith that as long as we are trying things will be fine. That same day I received a text message saying that I had a deposit. I went online and checked the bank and sure enough there was a deposit for $2014.from the army for lodging that we thought we had already been received. I know that it is not a coincidence. Our Father in Heaven allows challenges, but we are never alone when facing them. Keep in touch. Andrea
I am allergic to soy also. It just about kills me if I have it. Be careful and pay attention to everything you eat. It's even in gum!! Hope everything works out. Get better!
Post a Comment