Samuel and the bowl of strawberries we picked from our garden (in texas..I miss our garden)
Austin, Betsy, and I going to the Mother/Daughter dance, at the school before we moved
We didn't have a pool, so Samuel figured out his own way to beat the heat!
Travis and his welcome home cake I made for him
Just before we moved we took all the beds out to the moving truck, and Samuel decided instead of sleeping on a mattress, that he wanted to sleep on the shelf, he was such a silly boy, but he pulled it off.
Daddy and Austin having fun, building with blocks and marbles, they made a neat contraption
Austin lost one of her front teeth! Isn't she cute!
Well, a lot has happened since I last posted, the most important things, are that we worked like crazy ever since Travis got home, and got ready to move. We finally got everything done, and moved June 11th, we drove to Albuquerque, NM and stayed the night there. The next day was my birthday, so we stayed in Albuquerque, and played with the kids, we went to a fun children's museum called Explora, and after lunch, Travis took the kids back there, and let me go to a spa to get a body wrap, it was a very relaxing experience. After that we drove to Cortez, CO and had fun at a water park/recreation center, then we drove the rest of the way to Provo, UT. We stayed in a hotel that night, and the next day we moved into our new house that we're renting for the 2 years we will be here for. That weekend my parents were in town, so we did lots of fun things with them, and had a wonderful time except for the fact that when we went to a trampoline place Travis Sprained his ankle pretty bad. The poor guy was in a lot of pain for a long time, but finally now 6 weeks later it is close to normal again. Travis started the summer term at BYU in the chaplain program on June 21st and has been insanly busy with homework ever since, he only has time to eat, sleep, and shower. Travis is just finishing up the summer term, and we are both very excited for the break in homework. We found out shortly after arriving in Provo that I'm pregnant again. We we're not trying to get pregnant, in fact just before we moved we gave away all of our baby things, including maternity stuff. Despite all that, we are happy to be adding another life to our family. I had my first ulstrasound today since they thought my due date was off, they determined I'm due Febuary 19th. I would like to have a girl this time, but of course the boys want another boy. We've been working on settling into our new area, and getting to know people. It's been difficult since I'm exhausted and don't feel good a lot of the time, but now that I'm entering the 2nd trimester I'm feeling a little bit better, except for some digestion issues. The kids have loved playing in our backyard, full of soft green grass, a playhouse, trees, and several different swings. Last month we went to an outdoor movie at BYU, it was "planet 51" we walked since it's not to far from our house, and brought our blow up queen mattress. About 30 minutes before the movie ended it started pouring down rain, by the time we got home, we were drenched, it was quite the adventure. The thing I'm most excited about, is that my mother-in-law bought Travis and a cruise to the Bahamas, and for our 10 year anniversary we're flying to Portland, dropping off the kids at my parents house, and taking a 10-day trip to florida and the Bahamas, I can't wait!!!
1 comment:
Saw your kids at church today. I can't believe how big they are! I hope you are enjoying your sunny trip in the Bahamas - it sounds like heaven! Also, congrats on the new baby. I hope you get feeling better soon!
Post a Comment