Sunday, June 6, 2010

Daddy coming home












We've been very busy since Travis got home from Iraq, but we are very happy to have him home. Sorry, not too many pictures, but I did get a few. Travis' flight was getting in May 4th at 1am in the morning. So I put the kids to bed, and told them I was going to wake them up in time to go pick up Daddy from off his airplane. I tried to get a little sleep, but I was too excited, finally at midnight I woke up the kids and we drove to the airstrip on ft. bliss where his plane was coming in. When we got there, his plane was early and had just landed, so we quickly found a parking spot, and the kids and I rushed in the building, and then out the other side, to watch all the soilders walk from the plane to their part of the building. We couldn't really tell which one was Travis, because they were too far away, but we waved and showed off our sign anyway. Once all the soilders were inside, we had to go back inside and wait for them to be released. They had all sorts of activities for the kids, and lots of free snacks, so they had fun running around in the pajamas, playing and eating. Finally it was time for the soilders to come out, and they had dramatic music, and dry ice going, and all the soilders walked in, in formation and then were quickly released to their families. There were a lot of people to squeeze through to get to Travis, but we managed to get to him, and give him lots of hugs. We managed to get home by 2am, and put everybody back to bed. We let the kids sleep in, and took them late to school the next day. We love having Daddy home!



2 comments:

The Cole Family said...

YEAH!!! Glad that he is home and safe :)

Amanda D said...

It must have been so emotional to see all those soldiers returning. Thanks for sharing it with us! So glad that Travis is home safe and sound. Good luck getting ready to move to Utah. The pic of Travis and Samuel is adorable.