We dug up all our carrots yesterday, and found this very interesting one. I didn't thin out my carrots like I was supposed to, so we had several that had fused together in the middle. This one was the biggest one. It has lots of different carrot tops, one middle, and lots of bottoms sticking out every which way. The kids thought this carrot was pretty awesome, and they are very excited to eat it. I made a carrot and zucchini soup with it that was pretty scrumptious. Here is the recipe if anyone wants it
Cream of Carrot Soup
6 carrots, sliced (I only needed my one big carrot)
1 zucchini, sliced
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
1 tsp. curry (I didn't use it, becuase I don't like spicy)
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. celery salt
3 c. chicken broth
1 1/2 c. soy milk(you can use regular milk if you prefer)
1. In a medium sacuepan, heat a little oil, and add carrots and onions, cook 5 min. Add garlic, zucchini, curry, ginger, celery salt, and cook 1 more minute.
2. Add broth, and bring to boil. Reduce heat and cover, simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat for 5 minutes, and then Puree using a blender.
3. Return soup to saucepan and add soy milk, and heat over low heat for 3 min.
1 comment:
I didn't thin my carrots out either and we ended up with a lot of fat, funny-looking carrots. That soup recipe sounds good. Hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment