The kids have been asking me when they get to build snowmen, so I decided we would go on a rock hunt, and then paint the rocks white and build snowmen with them. The kids were really excited, so we found some big rocks and brought them back home. While everyone was inside the house, Austin went outside in her bare feet, and was trying to put the big rocks on top of each other. I guess she got all three rocks on top of each other, but then the one on top fell off and landed on her big toe. Poor girl, she was soooo sad, I don't know if she broke it or not, but her toe nail is black and a little bloody, and she can't walk on it. So she spent the rest of the day in my bad watching movies, with ice on her toe. I'm hoping she will feel better by tommorow, but if not, I'll tape her toe, and carry her around at church tommorow.
Now on to the speeding ticket. I was going to pick up Joseph from Super Saturday and the road right before you get there is 15 mph because it is military housing, and it is downhill. So I know when I turned onto the road I was going 15 mph, but as we started going down the hill the girls were talking to me, and I forgot to slow down, so about 1/2 way down, I looked down and saw I was going 21 mph so I immediatly slowed down to 15 mph, but it was too late, there was a cop hiding at the bottom, and he pulled me over. Both Betsy and Austin were pretty distraught (Samuel was asleep) They both told me they would give me all of their money, but I assured them that I could pay for the ticket later. So the whole way home, all of the kids were asking me(about every 30 seconds) if I was going the speed limit.
2 comments:
I'm sorry to hear that you got a speeding ticket! That stinks. And you weren't much over.
I hope Austin's toes feel better soon. Sounds like her toe nail will probably fall off.
December's Family Fun magazine has a fun idea to make snowmen out of paver stones. You'll have to check it out.
Post a Comment