Tuesday, January 3, 2023

October 2022

 

Me with the college I attend (virtually) in the background

Travis and I at Chaplain conference

Gideon's class got to see a firetruck


Austin at BYU-IDaho

Travis going bowling with Joseph and Jessica

Me in front of one of my favorite paintings in the conference center

Gideon on the zipline at the fall festival

The going out trick or treating



Climbing the big tires at the fall festival

Rolling in the tunnels at the fall festival


Caleb thought it was funny to try on SpongeBob SquarePants slippers (the kids know I don't like SpongeBob)




Lets go fly a kite!


Austin doing a color run with her roommates at college

I am Mrs. Green for "clue night" at a relief society activity









Clue Night for a relief society activity

At chaplain conference


Me with my friend Lisa Fletcher at Chaplain Conference


Caleb, Malachi, and Gideon at a Stripling Warrior primary activity

Sam's Halloween candy haul

Austin at the end of her color run

Attending General Conference together!


Youth Temple Trip (Samuel)


Austin hurt her foot, when boys were rough housing and one landing on her foot.  Luckily it was not broken

Me with my friends Elizabeth Lewis and Catherine Wiberg

October was another fun month.  My mom came out and stayed with the kids while Travis and I went to chaplain conference.  It was wonderful to hear the words of the prophets and apostles in person.  The spirit in the conference center was almost tangible.  Especially when the prophet entered the room, you could feel the spirit bear witness to the truthfulness that here is a prophet of God.  After conference on Sunday we went to Maia and Jamies house and had dinner with them and Joseph and Jessica, and then we helped Joseph and Jessica move to their new place in Eagle Mountain (and Airbnb that they are still in until the end of January) It was nice to see them, and help them into into their new place, then we went over to Nick and Nora's (Travis' aunt and uncle) who also live in Eagle Mountain and had dinner with then (boy was I stuffed).  Then for the next two days we had Chaplain Conference which was wonderful and filled with the spirit as well.  I had to do school work in between sessions and afterwards, but we still managed to have a little fun, and Travis went with Joseph and Jessica and took them bowling one night.  It was an inspiring and faith-filled trip.  My mom was certainly happy to have us back, and realized that next time she watches the kids she needs my Dad to come too, the kids are a bit of a handful for one person.  We were certainly grateful that she took such good care of them.  Instead of Travis coming back with me to Texas after conference, he went and visited his mom and dad in montana for another week.  He enjoyed spending time with his parents.  In October we went to a fall festival/pumpkin patch and had a lot of fun with the activities they had there.  The kids got plenty of candy from the ward trunk or treat and from trick or treating on Halloween.  I told the kids that I would buy there candy from them in an attempt to have them not each too much candy.  So they tried to get as much candy as possible, so that they could get more money.  They got plenty of candy, I ended up paying over $50 for candy to them.  

No comments: