Monday, September 19, 2016

School and Travis going back to work, Malachi and Betsy's birthdays

Austin straightened her hair for school

Travis picked this carrot from the garden and said "honey, this is us!"  So sweet



Travis with his Uncle Rick who came to ordain him a high priest

Austin is really good at getting little boys to sleep

Austin got more little brothers to sleep 

Daddy fixed the ball pit, Gideon is very excited



Betsy's birthday party, she is 12!



Her winning cupcake

Malachi had been missing Caleb since his started Kindergarten, and this is how I found them sleeping one morning

Malachi is sitting in Betsy's new chair

Samuel loves his Gideon

All the cupcakes the girls made at the birthday party

The 3 teams cupcakes from round 1 (best tasting)



Cute little baby, wearing my swim cap, and playing with a sword!




Getting ready for the pinata!

My Caleb  (and Samuel) leaving me on the bus on Caleb's first day of Kindergarten! (I cried)

Beautiful rainbow at the church activity


Malachi keeps stripping naked, and climbs into the tiny bathroom sink and gives himself a "bath"

Betsy got "heart attacked" by the YW in our ward for her birthday.  She was super excited!



Waiting for the pinata

Malachi did not want Caleb to leave him at the bus stop, he really wanted to go with his Caleb

First day of school for Caleb!

Gideon loves the little horsey

Such a little Kindergartner

1st day of 7th grade

1st day of 8th grade

Super Malachi and Super Gideon and Super Betsy


Super!!!

Malachi got a little jumping pogo stick for his birthday, he loves it


Travis loved this Salisbury steak and sweet mashed potatoes I made for dinner.

Malachi got his birthday presents!  
So it took us a while to get everything unpacked and put away, and then get all of the kids ready for school starting, but we got it done!  Malachi got the rest of his birthday presents from us and from his Grandma Hardy.  He got this little squeaky jumping toy that everyone loves, and they even had a competition with it.  Malachi is happy to be a 3-year old now.  I tried to get him into a few free preschools, but we are on the waiting lists, so we'll see.  Joseph and Samuel started school August 15th, Austin and Betsy started August 16th, and Caleb started August 18th. Travis went back to work on the 20th.  It was so nice having Travis home for the week of the kids starting school.  He got to see them off, and be there with Malachi, Gideon and I during the day, and spend time with just us.  Travis was able to give the kids their back to school blessings and help us get everything ready for them.  We went to a school supply give away at a church, and was able to get a few things for each of the kids.  It was really crowded, loud, and hot, and had a really long line, so I was glad Travis was there to help.  I also started teaching piano lessons this week, just on Thursdays though.  The kids all seemed to do well adjusting to going to school again.  It was hard on everyone to start getting up early again, but some days are better than others.  I had a really hard time sending Caleb to school.  For my others kids I've done pretty well sending them off to Kindergarten, but Caleb has such a sensitive heart, he has always had a special place in my heart.  He was super excited and ready, but I had a harder time.  I cried sending my little boy off to school, I really miss him.  He has struggled a little adjusting to spending so much time in a classroom, but is getting used to the routine better now.  He is such a sweet boy, several times after school he has come home and said "Mom, I know you miss having me help you, so I am your helper now, what can I do to help you for the rest of the day, let's make a list."  He loves going to school, and learning more about letters and numbers and how to write them.  He is also really good at coloring in the lines.  I started PWOC and since I'm playing the music that has taken a lot of time too.  Betsy's Birthday was on the 23rd, my sweet little girl turned 12!!  The Young Women heart attacked our lawn and front door the night before her birthday, she loved it!  It made her feel so special.  We had planned a cupcake wars party for her, so I spent the day getting ready for it, and making her cake.  I kept telling her she didn't need a cake and cupcakes, but she insisted.  Turns out I was right, by the time we got to the cake, everyone was all sugared out, well except for Betsy.  Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself.  Betsy had 8 girls, I believe show up, and they all had a fun time.  It was a boy free party, except for Gideon.  The boys all went over to the Stocks house.  We played pin the cupcake onto Betsy's mouth (Austin drew a picture of Betsy on a posterboard).  They had to guess how many cupcake liners were in a jar, and we had a cupcake pinata.  We also cupcake pizzas for dinner, and everyone put on their toppings.  Then we had the cupcake wars.  We split the girls into 3 teams of 3 girls each, and they got started.  The first round was all about taste.  They each were given a basic cupcake mix, and oils and lots of different add ins to choose from, and got to bake a cupcake they thought would taste the best.  I thought for sure I would end up with some disgusting cakes to try, but they were all very good, so hard to choose a winning.  Then for round 2 it was all about creativity and decorating a cupcake.  (I premade the cupcakes).  They all had fun decorating the cupcakes, and once again it was hard to choose a winner.  The girls had a great time!  We had cake and ice cream, and then opened presents.  It was a great party, and I think everyone had a good time, Betsy was very happy.

No comments: