Caleb was cold at breakfast on our retreat, and everyone gave him their cloth napkins and we covered him up with those.
Austin has slowly but surely improved over the last month or so, she attended girl's camp and loved it, and got to go to the temple for the first time to do baptisms for the dead. She has had to take her antibiotics every 5am, 11am, 5pm, and 11pm. That has been very annoying to have to wake her up, but the last week or so she has been able to do it on her own. Her blood results have come back better and better, so she is doing good. So the last few weeks have been very busy. Travis has done a funeral, a memorial, two weddings, a strong bonds retreat in Denver, and a prayer breakfast. I have helped with the retreat, a wedding, and the prayer breakfast. We have also been trying to continue to pack and clean and get ready to move. We had a fun time at the retreat in Denver, playing in the pool, and eating at restaurants. I enjoyed going to Denver with Travis to do his funeral, becuase we went to the temple first, and it was a really nice peaceful break. The wedding went farely well, I played the piano for it, and Travis performed the ceremony, the only sad thing was that at the rehearsal I had to leave becasue Caleb's eyes we so swollen he could barely open thme. He has been having terrible allergies with his eyes, and I have to put eye drops in them, give him Benadryl, and put cold, wet clothes on his eyes and let him rest. The poor thing looks so pitiful with his eyes all swollen. It mostly happens when he has been playing outside a lot. The prayer breakfast kept me busy making the 100 ham,egg,and cheese sliders and other food for it, but Betsy was a great helper, and came with me to help while I played the piano for that as well. We had a couple garage sales, and then donated a lot of our stuff too. We also went to a free breakfast giveaway on post, and the kids loved getting free breakfast stuff to take home, and eating the free food, it was lots of fun. Poor little Malachi had a really rough last week. Betsy was watching him, and they were cooking Macaroni and Cheese on the stove top and Malachi reached out and touched the pan with his fingers. It burned and blistered three of his finger tips, I spent the rest of the day with his hand in and out of ice water, and holding him. The next day he slipped getting out of the bathtub and split his chin open. I had to take him to the ER where they put 3 stitches in my poor little baby, while we held him down, so they could stitch him up. He hated it, and took a long nap afterwards. Then Sunday morning while I was mixing up pancakes for breakfast, he walked across the stove top, and some one must have bumped the burner knob becuase it was on, and we didn't know it. It burned the bottom of both feet, but only one turned into a blister. We kept his feet in ice water for an hour, but then Travis and I had an appointment with the stake president to renew his endorsemnet with the church as a chaplain. Poor Malachi we took turns holding him while he cried, and we had our interviews. I've been putting aloe vera, lavenar, and helichrysum oils on the bottom of his feet, and they are healing well by now, a week later. July 4th was interesting. The kids wanted to buy fireworks to light, so I took them to our local stand, it was a long line, but we were waiting patiently, until I started feeling really sick, and then my legs buckled and I fell to the ground and almost passed out. I scraped my knee a little, but other than that was okay, but still felt really sick, heart racing, and really light headed. A lady that worked there brought me a cup of cold water, and that helped a little and I was able to get through the rest of the line, and pay for fireworks. Once we got home though I had to lay down the rest of the night, so Travis helped the kids light off their fireworks at night with the neighbors. I had just started taking thyroid medicine the last coiuple days, becuase my thyroid levels were low, but it obviously was too much for me. So I stopped taking the medicine, and they will retest me once we get to Ft. Riley. But I am 18 weeks along, and the baby is doing great, feel lots of little kicks. All the kids say by belly is getting bigger. Yesterday we also had our Stake military breakfast, which Travis is on the committee for, so he was busy with that as well as the wedding he performed yesterday. He is still trying to get all of his work stuff done, but tomorrow is his last day, so it will be nice to have all his attention to help with the move. We had a 28' trailer dropped off at our house on friday, and tried to get most of our stuffed loaded onto the trailer, but after Joseph and I helped him with the first heavy wooden cabinet, I said no way can I do this pregnant, and got a couple of guys to come over and help him. We still have a little bit left to load onto the trailer tomorrow, and then the cleaning begins!!! It is pretty exhausting work every day, and most days the kids don't help enough, but Betsy has been my best helper! We think we have got some renters who will be moving in August 1st. So we are happy to not have to be showing the house. We also found out we can't have chickens in our backyard in Kansas, since we live within city limits, so we have to get rid of our chickens, so sad. Everyone is doing pretty good, Joseph did fall down the ramp friday while helped load stuff, and got some deep cuts in his arm and hand, but I bandaged him all up, and he has still been able to help, mostly with his one good arm. I had set up our little pool for Malachi and Caleb to play in while we were loading stuff up, and I guess Caleb couldn't find the bottoms of his swimsuit, so he went outside and started swimming and playing around. The guys helping us commented about our naked son, and we were able to get him dressed, but little boys sure like to make life interesting. We have already packed up all the beds, so Travis and I are on an air mattress, and the kids are on sleeping mats. When I was holding Malachi while sitting on my air mattress, Joseph came and plopped down on the bed right next to me and sent Malachi and I flying, he thought that was pretty funny. Moving is so exhuasting, I'm ready for this move to be over, but we still have lots of work left. |
No comments:
Post a Comment