 |
| Waiting in the ER waiting room to get stitches |
 |
| On the way home after getting 5 stitches |
 |
| Malachi is happy about getting the chicken eggs |
 |
| Caleb is one cool dude |
 |
| Samuel at his bug concert |
 |
| Malachi found a perch at the lodge we stayed in at the Chaplain Retreat |
I haven't posted in a while, but my computer is not working, so I am currently using my kindle to post this, so I will have to go back and add pictures once my computer is fixed. So about two weeks ago for some reason the computer started opening Windows media center no matter what you clicked on, it was so frustrating, no matter what i tried, the only thing that would open is Windows media center. Finally we asked a guy in our ward to look at it, and so far he has been unable to find a virus or anything that is causing the problem, so he is still working on it.
Also about two weeks ago, Austin was downstairs with Malachi while I went to the bathroom, and she started screaming and yelling that Malachi was hurt. She rushed him up to me, and his whole head was covered in blood, and both Malachi and Austin are crying. I grabbed MalAchi and stuck his head under the sink to wash off enough blood so that I could see where the cut was, while Austin is telling me that he fell and hit his head on the corner of the fireplace. I found his cut, right above his nose at the bottom of his forehead. I grabbed a wet rag, and held it to Malachi's forehead to stop the bleeding,. Malachi is really fighting me, and I'm having a hard time stopping the bleeding, so I called Travis and told him I needed help, that Malachi was hurt. After a few more minutes I finally got the bleeding to mostly stop, so I texted Travis and told him to meet me at the ER, and left Caleb home with Austin. We made it to the hospital, and I got Malachi checked in. He wasn't crying anymore now, unless I had to wipe blood off of his owie, which I frequently did because it kept bleeding. Travis got there and we had to wait about an hour and a half to get seen by the Dr. Malachi was climbing on the chairs, and running around, keeping Travis and I busy preventing him from bumping his owie. Finally we got called to see the Dr., she determined Malachi would need several stitches and got everything ready. They put Malachi in a straight jacket and cleaned, numbed, and put 5 stitches in to close up his cut. Of course, Malachi was not happy during this process, but calmed down quickly afterward. Travis went back to work, and I took Malachi back home, where he took a nice long nap. Austin had cleaned up all the blood and taken good care of Caleb while I was gone, she was very upset about Malachi getting hurt, and felt like it was her fault since she was watching him at the time he fell, but after talking to her for a while she felt better. 5 days later, I took Malachi to get his stitches out, and he fell asleep on the way there, and stayed asleep the whole time they took out his stitches, it was awesome. His owie is still healing , but it looks like he will have a nice little scar there.
We went on a chaplain retreat the last weekend of April to buena vista, colorado. It was nice, but Travis and I were both feeling under the weather, so it could have gone better. But I didn't have to cook or clean the whole weekend, so that part was great. This past week Travis was in and out of the field, so we didn't get to see him as much as we're used to. And then he left this morning for two weeks in the field, and he can't use his cell phone, so I have no way of talking to him.
Thursday and Friday were a little frustrating. Joseph informed me at 6:30 on Thursday that he had a big science project due the next morning, and he had to bake a cake that looked like the planet Uranus, including the four layers, Plus 27 moons. We started baking cakes, and made frosting for one of the layers and went to bed. We got up early the next morning, used Oreos for the core, then used cake for the next layer, frosting for the next layer, and halved marshmallows for the last layer. He put that in the center of a large box we covered in foil, and then attached 27 moons using cotton balls. It looked great, I forgot to take a picture, but I'm sure you can imagine how it looked, Travis drove him to school, only a little late. Joseph has his neurofeedback appointment every Friday at 4pm, and it is about a 45 minute drive to get there. Normally Joseph rides his bike or walks home, then we leave at 3:10 and pick up Betsy and Samuel a little early (their school ends at 3:30) and drive to his appointment. Well, since Travis drove him to school, and we were busy getting his project ready, I forgot to remind him to hurry home after school, when Joseph didn't arrive at home by 2:45 like he usually does, I hurriedly put Caleb and Malachi in the car and we drove to the school looking for Joseph the whole way, we didn't see him , so when we got to the school, I called and had them page Joseph to come out( he loves to stay for the after school program) he didn't come out after a few minutes, so I called and had them page him one more time, after waiting a total of 15 minutes, I figured we just missed seeing him walk home (he is notorious for finding short cuts) and drove home to see if he was there. Right as I pulled into the driveway, I got a call from the school, it was Joseph asking me where I was. I turned back around and drove back to the school and picked up Joseph. By this time it is too late to pick up Samuel and Betsy early, so we wait in the car pool line and pick up Samuel and Betsy, by the time we get them, it is almost 3:40, so I hurry and get on the freeway heading toward the appointment, not long after getting on the freeway, we hit traffic, I texted Joseph's Dr. To let him know we will be late., he didn't respond, but he usually doesn't when he is in a session. We finally arrived at the Dr. Office, Joseph was about 15 minutes late, and I sent Joseph in. I was about to drive away, and take the kids to the park, when I realized Joseph was sitting in the waiting room, and hadn't gone in to the office. I went inside and asked Joseph why he didn't go in, he said his door was shut and he was talking to someone. I went with Joseph and he knocked on the door to let him know he was here, and the Dr. Said that I cancelled all the appointments for May, I said I only cancelled the appointments after the 8th. (I had sent him text message on Tuesday telling him that Joseph would be at his appointments the 1st and 8th, but then we would need to cancel the rest of may's appointments) He said he misunderstood, and he had to get back to his client. So we left, and while driving home got stuck in several major traffic jams, and didn't make it home until after 6pm! We had been in the car for 3 hours, all for nothing, I was very frustrated. I had agreed to take dinner to a family in our ward by 6pm, so I quickly heated up some leftovers and took them over, and then we stopped and got some food at a culvers since we were all starving. Travis was still out in the field, but I texted him about how frustrated I was, and sent him a copy of the text I had sent to the Dr. He said it was very clear, and that he would take care of it the "irish way" and that Joseph would be able to get his appointment next week back.
We had our stake conference today and Betsy and Samuel got to sing in the stake primary choir, and sat up on the whole stand, they did awesome, and took pages of notes. Travis and I also went to the adult session last night. I played the organ and Travis lead the music for it. They talked a lot about the importance of family councils, and keeping the Sabbath day holy, and preparing for the sacrament, it was a good meeting.
No comments:
Post a Comment