Sunday, December 7, 2014

Daddy gone another week

Malachi and Caleb made videos to send to Daddy while he was gone

I made these orange rolls, they sounded really good, and I just had to try them out.  Everyone devoured them.


Malachi took one bite of an orange roll, and had to grab another one for his other hand

This one is Malachi shoving both rolls in his mouth at the same time, plus one more he grabbed and put on the table in front of him to eat later.  And yes, he ate them all.  



Malachi was so happy to be playing air hockey with Daddy after he got home

Breakfast with Santa at the YMCA, Malachi wasn't to happy to see Santa, but Caleb was happy enough for both of them.
So Travis was gone this whole week, and Malachi does not like it when his Daddy is gone.  Everytime Travis leaves for a while or he is really busy at work, Malachi really misses his Daddy, and tries to wake up really early in the morning (usually about 4:30) to try and catch him before he leaves the house.  So this whole week starting Tuesday Malachi woke up about 4:30 and by the end of the week he was very grumpy that his Daddy was still gone.  On thursday when we got the mail, there was an advertisement for a gym, and on the front of it was a picture of a bald man working out, well Malachi immediately got excited and thought it was his Daddy, and started grabbing the picture and saying "da da da da", well after a minute Malachi realized it wasn't Daddy, and threw the ad on the floor and stomped on it, and started crying.  Poor little guy really loves and misses his Dad when he is gone.  Since Travis has gotten back, Malachi has been holding onto Travis a lot.  We started the twelve days of Christmas this week, and have been having fun delivering them each night.  On Tuesday, I had to pick up both Betsy and Samuel from school for stomach aches, but they seemed fine pretty quickly, and never got sick, so that wasn't too bad.  On Thursday night I had a relief society Christmas party and I was playing the piano for the music.  That afternoon Joseph called me after school and told me he had a choir concert that night.  I told him I couldn't come or even take him there, because I had to be at the relief society party, since I was playing the piano and I knew there was no one who could take my place. So poor Joseph had to stay after school until his choir concert and then wait at the school for me to pick him up after the party was over.  He had no dinner, I felt so bad for him, I took him to get some food after I picked him up, but hopefully he will learn to give me more notice of his concerts in the future.  Travis had texted me earlier that day and told me he had a retreat in Breckenridge and it was overnight monday night.  He told me we would be gone on monday and tuesday, so I spent half the day rearranging everything that was going on those two days, and even had to pay a fine for needing to reschedule a dentist appointment.  Then I found out this morning that it isn't for this monday and tuesday, but the next monday and tuesday (the 15th and 16th) I was so frustrated, but I spent a while today trying to fix everything and put all the appointments, meetings, and piano lessons, back in place.  Anyway Travis came home Friday, and we were very happy to see him.  I had a really rough morning on friday, and was really happy to have my husband home again, I really needed him.  We had a good weekend, going to a breakfast with santa at the YMCA, and cleaning the house, and then having a pizza/movie night.  We also had our tithing settlement with the bishop and that went well, and everyone was very well behaved in church today, and I actually got to listen to all the testimonies.  I feel like I have been refueled and have the energy to keep going and trying to keep up with all the demands of my family and the season.  

No comments: