Crazy week. Last Sunday night, I couldn't find my cell phone after dinner, so I messaged my mom on Facebook and had her call me. After calling me three times, I finally found my phone buried halfway down the garbage. I don't know how it got there, but just glad I found it before the battery died. I'm worried that my camera might have met the same fate, since I haven't been able to find it in over a week. Monday the house cleaning lady came, so Caleb and I went to Chick-fil-A for breakfast with some other deployed spouses, and he had a great time playing for a couple hours. Then we did our grocery shopping. Tuesday I was getting ready to take Samuel to Soccer practice, and was getting his soccer ball out of the shed, I missed the step coming out and fell twisting my ankle and bruising my hand on the rocks. I thought If I just kept moving the pain would go away, but it didn't, so I layed down, put some ice on it, and elevated it. Then I told Sam, that I couldn't take him to soccer, he was so upset, he finally calmed down enough to ask me if he could ask the Kelley's to take him (they are our friends on the next street over). I told him he could, and he ran over to their house, and apparently blurted out that I was hurt, and demanded that they take him to soccer. They were nice, and the husband took Samuel to soccer, and Leslie(the mom/wife) came over after he got home, and helped clean up after dinner, and put my kids to bed. I couldn't put any weight on my foot, and it hurt so bad, I had to take ibuprofen. So I scooted or crawled on the floor to get anywhere, and Caleb and sam (once he got home from soccer) would follow me around, scooting or crawling with me wherever I went. Caleb kept bringing me cars, to make sure I had something to play with, and Samuel kept bringing me water. All the older kids were next door at a birthday party. Wednesday I could put some weight on it, but still hurt, so Caleb, Malachi, and I watched a lot of t.v., and skipped play group (Caleb was still coughing, so we wouldn't' have gone anyway. I went to the Dr. after talking to a nurse (she said it sounded like a fracture). I brought Caleb and Malachi with me, and the Dr. ordered an x-ray but said I couldn't take the kids, so I went on Thursday morning to get the x-ray done, after the kids were at school. My friend Leslie was able to watch Malachi and Caleb for me. I got to the hospital, and checked in at radiology, but they said the order for my x-ray wasn't in, so I called the clinic, and told them, and they said they would look into it. After 45 minutes Leslie texted me to tell me Malachi was hungry, so I went back to their house to feed the baby. The clinic called me as I got there, and told me the order was in. So this time, I brought the kids back with my, and Leslie and her two kids, since Malachi hadn't eaten very well, and Caleb didn't want me to leave again. So she watched them in the waiting room, while they x-rayed my foot. (Caleb was crying for me the whole time). I still haven't heard the results from the x-ray, even though I've called them twice, so I'm assuming that my foot wasn't broken and was just a sprain. It has felt better each today, and I'm walking normally again, it is just sore and achy still in spots. Thursday evening my friend Janene took Samuel to soccer practice (her son has soccer at the same time on the same field, just different team), but it started raining like crazy, so she just took him back to her house to play, and eat dinner. Caleb had fallen asleep early, so I sent Joseph to get Samuel from their house about 7:30, he didn't want to go in the pouring rain, but he owed me, since he forgot to take out the garbage this morning, and I had to do it with my hurt foot. So he went, and the poor kid got so drenched, Samuel borrowed a broken umbrella from his friend so he didn't get too soaked. When Joseph got home, dripping water everywhere, he looked at me and said, "we are SO even", and then went to take a hot bath. We got 10 inches of rain in 4 hours, the park near our house turned into a lake 15 ft. deep. Our power went out for about two hours, after I had put kids to bed. Joseph and Malachi were still awake, so Joseph and I were looking for flashlights, I have spots for flashlights all over the house, but either they were all missing or the batteries were dead (darn kids), I finally found one in my underwear drawer that worked, so we had some light. We got some water coming in through our back door, but not too much. The next morning I sent the kids off to school, and 5 minutes later it started pouring down rain again. My neighbor stopped by and said that both of our kids got completely soaked going to school, and we needed to take them dry clothes, and Joseph called saying he needed his binder, so Caleb and I gathered up a change of clothes for everyone and took them to their schools. Poor kids were indeed soaked, and very grateful for dry clothes. Samuel brought me a note from his teacher, saying they were having ice cream sandwiches for a treat that afternoon, asking me to bring some Samuel could have. So, Caleb, Malachi and I went home, and make homemade ice cream and cookies that Samuel could have, and put them together for ice cream sandwiches. We did chores after school.
Conversation with Caleb today in the bath
Caleb: where are the ducks?
Me: I don't know
Caleb: are they lost?
Me:yes
Caleb: oh no! What are we going to do?!?
He thinks for a few seconds then looks up, smiles, and says "alpha pig will find them" (from the cartoon "super why")
Saturday we went to an event at the focus on the family bookstore, and Joseph went paintballing with a friend. We stayed at focus on the family for about four hours, the kids had a great time playing with their friends, and sliding down the slide they have there. We came back and the kids played outside for a while. We invited our friends over for dinner, since I made way to much for dinner. Conversation with Betsy:
I am peeling a cucumber and Betsy says " mom why are you peeling the cucumber?"
Me: well I usually buy the little cucumbers or the English cucumbers, and I like to eat the skin on those ones. I don't like the skin on this kind of cucumber, so I am peeling it.
Betsy: oh! Is that a Spanish cucumber?
Lol! My kids crack me up : ) Joseph went with his friend to the YS for a dinner and dance, he had a great day! After dinner Betsy started complaining of a sore throat and mine was hurting too. We all woke up this morning not feeling any better, and Caleb is still coughing and sounding pretty congested so we stayed home from church again. The first part of the day was great, we played games together, and wrote letters, and had a good time, but the last half of the day was rough. The girls wanted to make brownies and ice cream. Betsy put in 1 cup each of oil and water, instead of 1/3 cup of oil and water so we had to triple the batch. Austin put in an entire bottle of doterra peppermint oil in the ice cream instead of 1/2 tsp. Still haven't fixed that one. I was letting a gallon sized bag of frozen homemade spaghetti sauce thaw out, becuase it was frozen stuck to the ice cream bowl, and Joseph opened the bag and filled it with hot water and dumped it down the sink. As Caleb was jumping off the couch into Austin's arms, Samuel grabbed his legs and yanked down, making him fall hard face first to the floor (luckily no stitches required). Every room in the house is a mess, and the baby is crying. I Cleaned downstairs for 15 minutes and got the living room pretty good. Then I went in the kitchen and Caleb had gotten a bowl and broken playdough into
pieces in it and added water, as I walked in, he tripped over his bowl and spilled it all over the floor. I looked in the
pantry and he had dumped out all my gluten free pasta and poured milk over it. While I was cleaning that
up, he went into the living room and dumped out board games on the floor and spilled juice on the carpet.
No comments:
Post a Comment