Sunday, August 26, 2012

Moving to colorado

Things that have happened since moving to Colorado:

An ice cream truck came down our street tonight, and Joseph grabbed his baggy full of coins and ran outside to flag down the ice cream truck. He ran out yelling and swinging his bag full of money around and around, and the baggy was opening, so his money was flying everywhere. My Mom was the one home with the kids when it happened, and she said it was pretty hilarious. Then she had to tell the ice cream man that Joseph couldn't have any.


One night  at dinner, we were eating pizza, and Samuel somehow ended up with a hunk of cheese on his shoulder, and when he bent over the cheese his him in the head, as it fell to the floor. Samuel got all upset, because he thought someone had thrown a chunk of cheese at him. I just busted up laughing, and then tried to explain to Samuel that the cheese came from his shoulder, and no one threw anything at him. It was pretty funny.
Caleb hit his hand on the window seal and started crying, then Joseph showed him his toy helicopter and pushed the button for the sound effects. Caleb instantly got excited and happy, than 2 seconds later looked down at his hand and started crying again. Then Joseph showed him his toy helicopter and pushed the button for the sound effects, and once again Caleb instantly got excited and happy, than once again about 2 seconds later he looked down at his hand and started crying again. He did this one more time, then reached me and I picked him up and kissed his hand, and he jumped down and happily played with his helicopter again.  It is pretty funny, how quickly he changed emotions.

Joseph started middle school. (AAAAAHHHH!)  He is in sixth grade, and is doing pretty well so far.  He has made lots of friends in the neighborhood, and plays a lot. 

Austin started 4th grade, and is enjoying her new school.

Betsy turned 8 years old, tried to have a swimming birthday party, which got rained out and no one showed up, and was pretty disappointing.  But she is happy that she got a new bike for her birthday, and a new set of scriptures, and a watch.  She got a Wii dance game and new barbie from her Grandma and Grandpa Hardy that she is pretty excited about it.  Betsy also started 3rd grade, and has enjoyed it so far.

Samuel has started all day Kindergarten and I think we are both pretty excited about that.  Samuel has struggled a bit with behavior, but is otherwise enjoying school.  He has a friend right across the street from us, that he plays with quite a bit.  He also fallen in love with the girl next door, who also happens to be in his class at school.

Caleb started nursery at church, and has been doing great.  He loves it, I'm so excited.  Caleb loves riding in his seat on my bike to take the kids to and from school, and enjoys spending time alone with me. 

Travis has been with us for a week now, and even though he has been sick the entire time, we love having him home..

I have been given a calling in church to teach the CTR 6 class, so I go straight from wandering the halls with Caleb, to primary.  But, I will make the best of it.  I've been busy getting us settled into our new home and city.  My mom was a lifesaver when we first moved in, helping watch the kids so I could get lots of errands run, and helping with the unpacking, she was great!!!  Caleb and I flew here from Oregon, and my mom and dad drove the rest of the kids here, I'm pretty sure I have the best parents in the world!  Anyway, I signed the lease for the house (well a duplex) and Travis was supposed to fly in that night to help us get everything out of storage and into the house, but his flight got delayed and he didn't end up getting here until the next afternoon.  So that left it up to Caleb and I to get the big 26 foot rental truck and drive it over to the storage units, and thankfully and few elders from the ward to help load up.  I was so nervous and scared to drive that truck that I practically threw up, and was praying for help the entire time, and driving as slow as possible, and I'm sure angering tons of drivers.  But, I made it there safely, and the elders from the ward had pity on me and drove the truck for me after that.  Caleb, probably thought I was going crazy driving that truck, he just sat there, and stared at me.  Anyway, after having that experience, I told Travis that next move, we are letting the army doing it.  Travis's flight finally came in, and he was able to help us finish up loading from the storage unit, and unloading at the house.  It was an exhausting day. 

No comments: