Thursday, August 6, 2009
update
I haven't written anything in a while. The kids and I have been busy having a fun summer. We've played at the parks and pools many times, we've gone on walks and bike rides, and some days we've just layed around and not done much at all. We went camping for our ward campout in July and had a really good time. The kids had a blast exploring in the forest, going down the zipline and playing with friends. We went on a hike to a waterfall, and had a good time, except Betsy and Samuel both refused to walk back, so I ended up with Betsy on my shoulders and carrying Samuel in the front of me, after a while the Bishop relieved me of Samuel and I just carried Betsy the rest of the way, that was a pretty good workout for me. Yesterday we went to Biggs water park, which is a shallow play area with fountains and slides for kids. It is so fun to watch the kids play. We were there with our friends the Lairds, and Betsy and Austin and their friend Carriane were swimming around, going down slides, slithering around in the water and having a blast. Samuel was throwing himself in the water over and over again, going down slides and loving it. Betsy isn't quite as scared of the water this year, which is nice, and Samuel has lost a tiny bit of his fearlessness, and isn't quite as dangerous, although he is still pretty crazy. He would go down the slide backwards, forwards, on his tummy, back, or whatever would come out first after throwing himself down the slide, he saw a little girl plugging her nose while going down the slide, and he tried that too. Joseph has been doing a summer camp this week, and has been enjoying everything he gets to do there, and I have been enjoying not having to tell him to get off the T.V., computer, or video games all the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kayley,
I was doing some blog hopping and found yours and Mikes Blogs. I would love to catch up. Can't believe you have an 8 year old. Here's my email send me your ok.
Mandibell@gmail.com
Post a Comment